Sign in to follow this  

True 07 or FI 09 450

I'm thinking of getting rid of 07 and picking up a 09. It will end up costing me about $1000. I was wondering if the FI 09 is worth the upgrade. I like my 07, I have it all set up and it feels like an old shoe. So do I spend the 1k fixing up my 07 or just dump it and buy the 09?

imo you arent going to gain a lot by getting the 09...if you have the money and want to then i would say yes...if you dont have the money i would stick with the 07...ive owned both and they are very good bikes so you cant go wrong either way...

Ive been tossing around that Idea for YEARS now with the FI bikes and the '07. If the '07 is still being good to you, why risk getting a new machine?

My '07 has been superbly reliable, on top of that i have the suspension revalved for me, Piped and jetted perfectly, and the thing starts with one kick maybe 2 if its dead cold. I dont wana get a new bike and then have to deal with all that again.

#1 a new (used) bike could have reliability issues that your bike doesnt have, it will need tuned to your liking, etc. Not worth it, certainly not for an '09.

HOWEVER if you were to say '12 not '09 I might say it would be worth it. Theres just not enough significant changes in the 09 to make it worth the switch, the adjustibility, ease of tuning, and slimmer frame of the '12 do make it very tempting. IF they start doing the big rebates on the '12s this summer like they did with the 11's this year..my '07 is gone.

Spend the grand on the 09. Fuel injection is much more reliable, bike will start first kick every single time. The suspension you can get revalved for less than 500 bucks, 09 is like a tractor, ive had it for a while now and it pretty much just runs when you want it to, no little shit breaking hear and there. It just simply runs, change the oil and the filter and its good, mine probably has 200+ hours on a motor that was rebuilt once. the 09 is sweet, its worth the upgrade, and then in two more years it will cost you another grand instead of 3 grand with your 07. Just my $.02