Sign in to follow this  

DRZ400S wheels can swap with what other bikes

I am looking for a used spare set of wheels to put street tires on. Tired of running down my knobbies.

Are there other bikes that the DRZ400 wheels can swap out with without too much gymnastics? Looking for an inexpensive option.

Eric

Wheels (at least the front) from an RMX250 may work. Any RM wheel would be out of the question since they have no odometer/speedometer drive on the right side.

Fortunately, any year DRZ wheels will work. The wheels from a DRZ650 might work but I'm not certain on that.

Many KTM rear wheels fit with no mods (I am using one). I found the info in this forum.

I think '92 to current KTM rear wheels drop right in from what I've found searching several posts. And '92-03? KTM front use a 20mm axle, but may need spacers made, and no speedo drive.

Some searching also suggested YZ wheels will work. I think Pre '98 Front and rear are 20mm, and post '98 Fronts are 20mm. Again no speedo drive, and the post '98 will need custom spacers, not sure about the earlier models.

If you don't need a speedo w/ the knobs maybe put the street tires on your stock rims, and use the other wheel for in the dirt.

Also you can buy new wheels from www.fasterusa.com that have a speedo drive.

I have a 99 yz250 and a 00 drz and all dirt and supermoto rims are interchangeable...now just need to figure out what to do with my spare 19/21 wheels.

I have a 99 yz250 and a 00 drz and all dirt and supermoto rims are interchangeable...now just need to figure out what to do with my spare 19/21 wheels.

I think you should send them to me!!!

So 99 yz250 rear rim will fit my drz? Yeah what about spacers did you use the drzs or the yzs?

I am looking for a used spare set of wheels to put street tires on. Tired of running down my knobbies.

Are there other bikes that the DRZ400 wheels can swap out with without too much gymnastics? Looking for an inexpensive option.

Eric

drz e/s wheels show up on ebay / craigslist a lot for $400 or so. 

see 'hooligan mod' for how to make a set of $150 gs500 wheels fit your bike, and open up a huge world of cheap tire availability. 

Eric

Check this thread out: http://www.thumpertalk.com/topic/408849-ktm-wheel-fitment-the-how-to-%E2%80%9Cbig-pics%E2%80%9D/

Hope it helps.... ;)

• Like 1

Eric

Why not just look for some DRZ wheels.....The bike is just as common as any other brand.....

E and S models wheels are the same

• Like 1

KTM part #58409012000 is a spacer bushing to let you use 20mm axles (DRZ is 20mm) on wheels with a hub that requires 26mm axles.

I'm looking into getting a set of those KTM/Husaberg SM Tubeless wheels and putting them on my DRZ400SM. So I'll probably end up needing those spacer bushings.

Edited by atarijedi