Sign in to follow this  

If you have a GoPro, where did you mount it?

Who here has a gopro mounted on their DRZ? Can you post some pics of the mount, maybe with a sample video? I'm trying to find the best place to mount the camera with the least amount of vibration possible.

I'm asking where to mount on the bike though. I know helmet and chest mounts would be the most vibration-free, but I want a bike mount.

on the swing arm point rearwards. havent done this yet, but i am next time i go out.

also somewhere on the tank pointing at you sometimes gives some cool views

Watch out for the Leo's. Puting it on the helmet lately has been a ticket waiting to happen.

Dan

Ticket for what?? :bonk:

Ticket for what?? :bonk:

Having the camera attached to the helmet could interfere with the function of the helmet (more specifically, it could increase the chance of you braking your neck).

That's what they'll try to tell you anyway.

I'm wondering what they could ticket you for?

Don't know about Hawaii, but QLD Australia has some pretty strict safety rules.

I've never heard of sticking things to your helmet warranting a fine, though.

Altering the OEM design could possibly contravene ADR's, or something along those lines.

Any excuse now days to issue an infringement:busted:

Some bike cops have helmet cameras here in Queensland..

They use smaller cameras that are less obvious than a gopro...

I couldn't see them writing you a ticket for one when they are using them...,but we all know dual standards...:bonk::smirk:

Altering the OEM design could possibly contravene ADR's, or something along those lines.

Any excuse now days to issue an infringement:busted:

Yeah..I can just hear a cop saying, "I am sorry sir , but that helmet modification does not comply to Australian Design Rules"...:bonk::smirk:

Chest might be a good place I haven't gotten to use mine in that position yet, it would be there or R/L side of helmet, top seems weird to me. On the bike rear fender? not sure about vibration though, or front fender. I have to do some trials to see how it works out when I get back to the normal world.

I don't have a GoPro but I have the old Oregon Scientific action camera, I fabricated a mount for the top triple clamp, right next to headlight.

When it stops raining here I will give it a run, curious to see how often the the front wheel is actually pointing straight and how it affects the picture.

Before I did the mad Max mod I had mine mounted to the front of my speedometer. No vibration and you could see some of the front fender.

It shouldn't be a problem, it's a safety device - so when some tit merges on top of you they can thank someone for the organ donation.

Chest might be a good place I haven't gotten to use mine in that position yet, it would be there or R/L side of helmet, top seems weird to me. On the bike rear fender? not sure about vibration though, or front fender. I have to do some trials to see how it works out when I get back to the normal world.

Its awesome to see people experimenting and the perspectives they're coming up with as no single position seems to do it all. But I agree with you gsxrdoug, I like the overall riding persective the chest mount provides. Helmet mounts show a great overall view of the surrounds but to me always feel a little disconnected from the bike - the scenery rushes past but with no perspective. I like the way the chest mount captures the front of the bike and the bars (at the loss of some of the surrounds) - seems to give a better feel for the speed of the bike and the way it's moving around, but still gives a reasonable and stable field of view. (and the harnesses are under $40)

Another way I thought would be cool but not sure how to do it yet is right out front of the breath holes on the helmet, it would be just below normal eye level and also give the view of the rider. However its just bulky. Now that I have two I'm also thinking about the 3d mod that gopro has and mounting it atop my headlight on the DRZSM.