Sign in to follow this  

Left fork sticking, Please help

Im in the process of replacing my fork seals. I was putting it back together when I notice the left fork tube is sticking. I checked everything I could think of. The tube is straight no marking or abnormal wear. I tried to switch tubes (from left to right) and it still sticks on the left tube sleeve (the outer part of the shock that holds the tire). Ive looked down the tube and sleeve and do not see anything out of place. Any suggestion or ideas would be greatly apperciated.

Thanks

do you use a launch control??if you close too much the bolt that make your problem.if you dont have it check the bushing

I do not believe it has a launch control. I tried swithing the bushings from left to right also. Ive seem to narrow it down to the outer fork part.

The only thing I have together is the fork tube, bushing and the outer fork part. It just seems weird that i dont see a dent or anything wrong with it. The bushing look good with very little copper showing.

I will take it into work tomorrow and try to get everything measured. I thing I will replace the bushing why Im there just to make sure.

I havent notice the shocks doing anything wrong when riding it. It does stick pretty good. Would honda let it go out like that?

I will see what I find out tomorrow.

Thanks for the help

Took them to work and sure enough there was a little bump on the inside of the outer fork sleeve (I dont know what the sleeve is called). Wondering if it came from the manufacture like that. Could not see and dings or dents on the outside that would cause it. Any ways I got it cleaned up and now the forks glide nicely. Thanks for your help