2012 Jack Pine Enduro

• 5 months later...
Does anyone know why they dont have the Jack Pine Enduro on the national schedule for 2012?

The National Series likes to change-up the event locations from time-to-time. Provides more variety for the riders, and let's them experience different parts of the country. Plus, having 500+ riders pound event trail a couple years in a row really takes a toll on the quality of the trail, so taking a break allows it to "heal" a bit.

Edited by Smit-Dog

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was curious why we're running transponders if it's a time keeper? I found the flyer from 2011 and it was start/restart and the 2012 says timekeeping. I've ran a couple FES events so I understand the concept of timekeeping, but in an event like the jackpine aren't the avg speeds like 24mph so a slow guy like me can't possibly burn a check anyway can I? (Other than maybe missing a reset, which I'm assuming I'll come into late anyway since I won't possibly keep the 24mph pace?)

To the best of my knowledge, other than the two recent nationals (2010-11), Jack Pine has been a timekeeper all along (and 2012 is the 87th running of this enduro).

You can burn a check in a timekeeper, even at a 24 mph average. There are resets which get you back on time, and with good check placement by the club you can easily burn a check. Your FES experience will benefit you at the Jack Pine.

Transponder / electronic scoring is great for reducing manual data entry (which is done twice – once on the scorecard and then transferred to the computer). This will greatly reduce (if not eliminate) the handful of typos that have to be corrected during the protest period. It will be interesting to see how the club does at using transponders for in-checks for a timekeeper. They have Alan Randt helping (and are actually using the NEPG’s old equipment), so it should be just fine.

Edited by Smit-Dog

Technically you need to be a member of an AMA District.

It's only $15 for a yearly membership, and you get a monthly newspaper full of great articles covering all forms of racing disciplines at the local level. There are also "how-to" articles (riding / wrenching), adventure ride stories, etc. And you're helping to support the sport and the district that runs the series. Without the district, it'd be unlikely we'd have enduro events in Michigan.

Bottom line - Joining is good for you and the sport!

http://ama-d14.org//index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=116&Itemid=175

Technically you need to be a member of an AMA District.

It's only $15 for a yearly membership, and you get a monthly newspaper full of great articles covering all forms of racing disciplines at the local level. There are also "how-to" articles (riding / wrenching), adventure ride stories, etc. And you're helping to support the sport and the district that runs the series. Without the district, it'd be unlikely we'd have enduro events in Michigan.

Bottom line - Joining is good for you and the sport!

http://ama-d14.org//...=116&Itemid=175

I understand what your saying..I belong to both. My son leaves for grad school in Florida the 24th.Currently he's not a member of d14 or AMA. I was just hoping to limit his expense for one day of riding. We are kicking around the idea of either camping up by Boyne or in Ohio and mountain bike.on FrI. and Sat. But if we can work the enduro into it we will.