Sign in to follow this  

Back fire screen removal on a 2011 kx450f worth the $$

Just curious is this worth it or not. I run the No Toil PREMIUM DUAL STAGE AIR FILTER which i really like and saw their No Toil Super Flow kit and was wondering if it was the extra $$. Also saw TWIN AIR POWER FLOW AIR FILTER KIT and LOUDMOUTH HIGH PERFORMANCE AIR FILTER INTAKE KIT which are really some $$$. Any ideas??

Just curious is this worth it or not. I run the No Toil PREMIUM DUAL STAGE AIR FILTER which i really like and saw their No Toil Super Flow kit and was wondering if it was the extra $$. Also saw TWIN AIR POWER FLOW AIR FILTER KIT and LOUDMOUTH HIGH PERFORMANCE AIR FILTER INTAKE KIT which are really some $$$. Any ideas??

i think some people pointed out before on here ,if some dirt get threw the screen,you cant get to it and clean the inside of the air boot.as far as power,well i well let every body else have there say.:bonk:

I didn't notice any difference in power but it sure runs crisp. I did it mostly so I can get into my air boot to clean if ness.

You don't have to buy aftermarket, take apart the stock boot assy and cut the screen out from the plastic frame. Make sure all screen material bits are removed then re-assemble as normal.

I had an 08 RMZ450, and I put the Loudmouth MX Intake on it. It made the it run better, but I can't honestly say it gave it anymore HP. When I installed a Power Commander and mapped it, I could tell a big difference. I liked the Loudmouth because it made it easier to take the air filter out and reinstall it. They were easier to clean too.