Sign in to follow this  

Need a clutch for my DRZ

I´m in Guerrero Negro at the moment and my clutch is on its last legs. I had a tough day in a muddy Laguna Diable the other day that took a toll on the clutch. I´m hoping to find a new clutch pack somewhere between here and La Paz. Any good shops in Mulege, Ciudad de Consticion, Loretto or La Paz that might be able to help me out?

I was just in Guerro Negro two week ago! I know you won't find a DRZ clutch in that town. Neither will you find one in C.C.

You need to contact Baja Joe's in La Ventana (south of La Paz by 40 miles). Baja Joe has three DRZs and if you are lucky maybe he has some spare parts to sell you. Bear in mind, he is just a rider with some DRZs, not a shop. From Mexico his number is 612-114-0001. They run a hotel and kite surf shop there.

There are two bike shops (that I know of) in La Paz on the main drag down to the waterfront. One is Honda. I am not sure what the other sells. I was in both a couple weeks ago looking for stuff, and they had precious little. The chances of them having a DRZ clutch are damn near close to zero, I would think.

La Paz - There's a (recently at least) Slowzuki shop on the east side of town, very close to the intersection/hwy that leads toward La Ventana. I've seen more than scooters in there but no idea if it might have decent parts selection.

Funny, maybe he should try that other thread with shipping to Baja info and try one of the methods. if he had done that maybe parts would be in LP a day later than his arrival.

Funny, maybe he should try that other thread with shipping to Baja info and try one of the methods. if he had done that maybe parts would be in LP a day later than his arrival.

No doubt! A real-world test of those shipping methods would be interesting.

Thanks for the replies, I took a picture of one of Baja Joe´s bikes last year! As of now, I put my faith and $120 in the hands of a Fernando who has a bike shop in Guerrero Negro. He is going to send my clutch to La Pas when he gets it, so I am hoping to see it on the 28th or 29th. I cleaned up the old clutch and it wasn´t down the the metal on any of the plates and is still decent on the road. But I skipped out on the Bay of Conception ride today from Mulege with the rest of the group. Instead I stayed and did everyones laundry. Thanks for the tips, and I really hope my parts show! Five days over Chritmas isn´t that bad really, in my little town in Canada, I´d be super happy to get things that fast. For what it´s worth, it´s coming via Baja Pack to GN and then to La Paz.

I barely made it to La Paz. It was slipping going up the hills! First shop I went to had one, but I checked to see if mine was on its way and its not even in the system at the Baja Pack office. I hope I don´t get duped by the guy in Guerrero Negro, he seemed like a good guy, and I trusted him. Paid up front with cash of coarse.... At least my trip will get better now. I think I´ll pick that other one up and head out to meet the crew while the come to La Paz on the back road route!

I haven't been on here in a while but I wanted to say everything went well. The clutch made it to La Paz and I had it in my hand at 10:00 am Dec 29th. I got it in the bike just after lunch and was roosting out of town at 1pm on my way to Los Barrilles over the hills East of La Ventana. I want to thank Fernando at Cocharra Motorsports in Guerrero Negro and the guys at the Honda dealership who let me in their shop and let me use one of the bike stands to install my clutch. Being prepared and having a bike that is in top shape is the best things for Baja, but for unexpected problems I am glad that the guys in Baja can get things done! Pics of the trip are here:

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150401810742452.345892.562752451&type=3