Sign in to follow this  

DR650SE Sprocket Life

I'm only getting about 10K miles out of the JT 45T CM rear sprockets. I've gone through two already and I can't help but think I should be getting a bit more than that from this bike (More like 15?). I tried an aluminum one and only got about 3,500k miles out of it. I think I'll go back to the stock 42T CM and see how long that one goes. The CS are doing fine its just the rear that's taking a beating in my case.

aluminium is crap, you should have got that from the 'aluminium' part :bonk:

I got I believe around 25,000km from my last set of chain/sprockets (stock) so yes it ideally should be around 15k miles but I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about it. Ultimately there's nothing you can do except go for a different set. The stocks are excellent, DID X-ring will be better. Regular steel sprockets are fine

aluminium is crap, you should have got that from the 'aluminium' part :bonk:

I got I believe around 25,000km from my last set of chain/sprockets (stock) so yes it ideally should be around 15k miles but I wouldn't beat yourself up too much about it. Ultimately there's nothing you can do except go for a different set. The stocks are excellent, DID X-ring will be better. Regular steel sprockets are fine

Yes aluminum are crap for this kind of bike. Unfortunately my local bike guy who ordered it for me through his MX parts supplier didn't specify material and so I figured what the hell, I'd try it.

I'm dumping the 45R since I never use it in combo with the 15CS or 14CS as I originally envisioned. Almost all of my miles are with a stock final drive ratio using a 16CS. I'm going back to OEM sprokets 15CS and 42R, since it sounds like the steel used in the OEM may out perform what's used in the aftermarket.