Sign in to follow this  

Te-511

Going to pick up a new 2011 TE-511 tomorrow I will be coming off a WR426, now if only I can grow a couple more inches in height or learn to deal with a pretty tall bike.

Being only 5-9 175 lbs I am a bit concerned about how it's going to work out. I will be doing mostly open trails but could be interesting if I have to stand her straight up on a stop for any reason.

Jr.

It's going to work out fine. You're getting a modern, (plated) Dirtbike with nice

suspension. When in motion the height isn't a factor and the bike handles extremely well, imo. The bike is light enough that I think you'll be able pick it up if you go down.

I would immediately think about getting a JD FI Tuner and a replacement for that monstrosity they call a muffler. FMF Powercore 4 works nice. Luckily for you, you happen to live in the same state as one of the true Husky aficionados. That would be Kelly,owner of Motosportz. "Ride" here on TT. I'm sure he could help. Enjoy.

It's going to work out fine. You're getting a modern, (plated) Dirtbike with nice

suspension. When in motion the height isn't a factor and the bike handles extremely well, imo. The bike is light enough that I think you'll be able pick it up if you go down.

I would immediately think about getting a JD FI Tuner and a replacement for that monstrosity they call a muffler. FMF Powercore 4 works nice. Luckily for you, you happen to live in the same state as one of the true Husky aficionados. That would be Kelly,owner of Motosportz. "Ride" here on TT. I'm sure he could help. Enjoy.

I would do what Joe said above, Kelly knows more about the bikes than the dealers in the state. I would do a little research or talk to kelly before doing mods as well. Enjoy the new bike.