Does this bother anyone else?

I have been sick the last few days w a temp and hevent left the house but I was watching some youtube vids and it seems that in the past few yrs as the sport has grown the fans are not die hard fans and witht that the seem to be becoming dicks. After seeing several crashes it doesnt appear that anyone even has the common courtesy of clapping when somebody gets up anymore. That just really struck me as odd an pissed me off. Just wondering if I was the only one that has notcied this and is bothered by it?

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing worse than Nascar.. The sport is boring, the fans are rude,drunk rednecks for the most part. I live very close to a Nascar track, and can't stand it when a race is in town. I know, I know, "Then move, no one told you to live there" Everyone is entitled to being a fan any sport they choose but why are Nascar fans traditionally rude?

nothing worse than Nascar.. The sport is boring, the fans are rude,drunk rednecks for the most part. I live very close to a Nascar track, and can't stand it when a race is in town. I know, I know, "Then move, no one told you to live there" Everyone is entitled to being a fan any sport they choose but why are Nascar fans traditionally rude?

Ever been to a Pro-National?????

I have to agree that the fan base is different at Washougal depending on whether it's a local event or a national race.

So obviously, there is a different attitude in play;

Local people are aware that family / friends / co-workers will likely be there, so the majority of attendees remain in a state of acceptable celebration. Now...this holds true at the local track / high school football game / blah blah blah..

Add the handfull of locals that will ALWAYS look for an excuse to exceed those limits and THEN throw in a visiting team...(they bring their handfull of idiots to a new and exciting environment). Now elevate the hype with a playoff game... or in the case of SX or MX, a national event. You have an excess of everything imagined.

Add in Track Skanks paid to parade about in barely-there outfits / immature dweebs that are overwhelmed by all the female flesh exposed / beer gardens for the szchitheads that can't seem to enjoy anything sport related without getting drunk and being loud It's like being at the zoo...only there are no cages or enclosures to seperate the normal from the animals !!!

..?:foul::bonk::banana:

Anyway...that's my view:smirk:

The national tracks are large enough that you can get away from any idiots that may be around. I take my wife and kids to Red Bud every year and that place is notorious for bad behavior from both the fans and the riders

At a Supercross if your seated next to an Ass or worse yet a group of them your screwed for the whole night. I have never seen a fist fight at Red Bud but we have seen them at Indy, St.Louis, Houston & Detroit

Nationals tamed down some over the years. Then this year I will be proven wrong. I'm a big redbud fan, its a holiday weekend and everyone's revved up, good times. Camp in the animal section an that's another story. Gosh, remember going to Pontiac silver dome, one year I swear I seen 4-6 fights. Another time I was by some idiots that would not sit down, well that caused some above us that could not see to start yelling and throwing ice. Then a whole bunch started tossing ice on us, being by the idiots, then of course a large fight started with about 10 people in the row in front of us and some girl got slug in the mouth. I guess those where the good old days sitting in the smelling 2 cyc mix all night. They eventually did way with sat evening race and only raced sunday day I believe. Not sure that had anything to do with it.

Some rivalries in football are as bad. Guess all sports have it.

The national tracks are large enough that you can get away from any idiots that may be around. I take my wife and kids to Red Bud every year and that place is notorious for bad behavior from both the fans and the riders

At a Supercross if your seated next to an Ass or worse yet a group of them your screwed for the whole night. I have never seen a fist fight at Red Bud but we have seen them at Indy, St.Louis, Houston & Detroit

Last year at vegas supercross we saw a fight in the stands, then we got those drunken idiots that would not shut up and say the stupidest stuff, and if you tell them to lower there voice or quit cussing they get offended. the worst one i saw was the 2010 season (i didnt go) but the race where villopoto broke his leg, people started cheering when he crashed and wasnt getting up.

Can't say that I have..are you implying it would be worse than Nascar? Good god, say it isn't so..

I duno bout worse but its def the same kinda people..

I have to agree that the fan base is different at Washougal depending on whether it's a local event or a national race.

So obviously, there is a different attitude in play;

Local people are aware that family / friends / co-workers will likely be there, so the majority of attendees remain in a state of acceptable celebration. Now...this holds true at the local track / high school football game / blah blah blah..

Add the handfull of locals that will ALWAYS look for an excuse to exceed those limits and THEN throw in a visiting team...(they bring their handfull of idiots to a new and exciting environment). Now elevate the hype with a playoff game... or in the case of SX or MX, a national event. You have an excess of everything imagined.

Add in Track Skanks paid to parade about in barely-there outfits / immature dweebs that are overwhelmed by all the female flesh exposed / beer gardens for the szchitheads that can't seem to enjoy anything sport related without getting drunk and being loud It's like being at the zoo...only there are no cages or enclosures to seperate the normal from the animals !!!

..?:foul::bonk::banana:

Anyway...that's my view:smirk:

Ya local races are totally different.. thats why i said a Pro-National, which is much more comparable to a Nascar Race (I would have to imagine an amateur stock car race is pretty tame compared to a Sprint cup race)

Ya if your just going to the race on race day you can avoid a lot of it.. If your camping there for the weekend, theres no getting away from it.

I have camped at High Point Natonals and Steel City Nationals every year and haven missed one for as long as I can remember. Some years are worse than others, but its always a raging event with drunks and tons of fights.

Last year we seen a dude get beat half to death and pissed on and it was all over a mistake. I guess some guy lost his wallet, n they thought this dude was going in to peoples trucks and stealing shit, so they beat his ass till he couldnt move then pissed all over him when he wouldnt return the money.. Later on the dude found his all his money and his wallet, turns out the guy was completely innocent.

Then last year at high point was had some scum bag kids that came up from WVU and they were asking us if we wanted to score some "dope'. And by dope im not talking about weed. Some girl was selling stamp bags out of her purse n had some guys walkin around with her as her body guards/ pushers. We were so pissed off came to shoves and almost full on fight but they left (outnumbered) I'm all for partying hard but i was NEVER under the impression I would have to be worried about stepping on syringes in the grass at an MX race event! Its crazy.

Thats only like 2 stories of dozens I could tell about what goes on there. I watched an older guy, some drunk ******* riding around at about 3 am on old 4wd quad with no lights (didnt work) riding from campsite to campsite lookin for food. He was so smashed he totally ran over my buddies tent. Thank god my buddy wasnt in there at the time or he would have had his head ran over and probably killed..

i always hear cheering when someone gets up. i have no clue what your referring to. and when rv went down people where cheering for dungey because he was taking over the lead not cause rv hit the ground and wasn't getting up. come on most people aren't that mean! I'm sure some where but the ones you hear when he hits the ground where cheering for the lead change and had been all night.

i always hear cheering when someone gets up. i have no clue what your referring to. and when rv went down people where cheering for dungey because he was taking over the lead not cause rv hit the ground and wasn't getting up. come on most people aren't that mean! I'm sure some where but the ones you hear when he hits the ground where cheering for the lead change and had been all night.

from what i saw in the video right when villopoto jumps off the bike people started going crazy. Thats my take on it anyway, they may have been applauding dungey

Yes... the neck-car fans are a bit unruly. But its cheap family fun.

I've been to supercross and motocross nationals. Its not like I'd invite any of those people home for thanksgiving dinner either.

from what i saw in the video right when villopoto jumps off the bike people started going crazy. Thats my take on it anyway, they may have been applauding dungey

they are all shocked he crashed..just like every crash... crowed goes ahhh... fans of other riders cheer! i don't think its out of being mean or wanting the other guy hurt!

I tripped and fell this morning

Nobody clapped for me when I got up 23.gif

I did, you just couldn't hear me because I'm in California. :bonk:

To the OP, yeah, that happens as sports get larger and the fan base grows. With that growth, you get many things, some good, some bad. The bad things might be some of the crap fans that just want to see a wreck and for someone to get hurt, or the commercialization of the sport.

The good things are the additional publicity, more TV coverage, etc. I'll take the bad with the good. In the early 90's, you had to wait 4-6 months before the races were even coming on. The internet wasn't there yet, but if you read Cycle News, sometimes the title was already decided before you could see (a few of) the races on TV.

So, it goes both ways.