Sign in to follow this  

Another jetting question....

Have done all the mods on my 2008 XR650L - smog kit removed, air filter is a Uni and had a Big Gun Evo exhaust. Am fed up with having to keep repacking the can and the noise is just a bit too much so am reverting to the old original exhaust system - anyone any idea on what jets I should use? Sadly here it is a case of trial and error as there is no dynamometers n country so it is going to be a case of plug out to check on colouration.

Your help would be apreciated - and trust that you all have a super Christmas and lots of riding in the New year

Have done all the mods on my 2008 XR650L - smog kit removed, air filter is a Uni and had a Big Gun Evo exhaust. Am fed up with having to keep repacking the can and the noise is just a bit too much so am reverting to the old original exhaust system - anyone any idea on what jets I should use? Sadly here it is a case of trial and error as there is no dynamometers n country so it is going to be a case of plug out to check on colouration.

Your help would be apreciated - and trust that you all have a super Christmas and lots of riding in the New year

Start with 55/158...........as for packing,,,get the FMF premier muffler packing...PART# 011391

http://www.fmfracing.com/Products/Accessories/601

it has 2 different types of wire mesh,one wire screen,2 types of glass that are woven into a quilt,,it will last almost forever,,i got 15k out of the first OE packing.it still looked perfect but decided to change it while apart..BIG MISTAKE..because i then put the cheap packing in,,got 1000 miles and 1/2 of the packing was gone...bought the premier packing again and it`s been 2 years,,15k and still looks new..

There is a HUGE difference in packing material.........

B