Sign in to follow this  

Has anyone fixed their FCR after splitting the carb halves?

My future brother-in-law was trying to clean his FCR-MX carb off his RMZ450 and not knowing any better split the carb body in half where you're not supposed to. In the process the seal between the halves was damaged. Is his carb a $500 paper weight now or is there any way it can be fixed?

Thanks!

Check with SUDCO for parts. I repaired one with marginal success. The one I did was a slant body. The FCR-MX is a little different.

actually for technical puproses it more like a $1100 door stop. but im sure ebay would help there.

13200-35G00 CARBURETOR ASSY $1127.32

Never seen one reassembled in a working condition.. Be the first :bonk:

I'll give her a go!

By the way, he's ex-Navy SWCC. I thought you might appreciate that.

Merry Christmas!

It may be worth contact James Dean. He carries the Athena 'seal kit'. It contains two different halve seals. This seems to cover 98% of the FCRs. James Dean may be able to reassemble the carb using one of these parts. Worth a phone call.

It may be worth contact James Dean. He carries the Athena 'seal kit'. It contains two different halve seals. This seems to cover 98% of the FCRs. James Dean may be able to reassemble the carb using one of these parts. Worth a phone call.

Thanks, William, I'll certainly give James Dean a call.

Merry Christmas!

• Like 1

can anyone (Eddie) comment on the part that isn't supposed to come apart ( i think i know) and why it messes things up to where the carb is beyond repair?

Anti-tamper screws and epoxy. The problem is getting the 2 parts sealed up again. Small air and fuel passages. If the passages cross talk or leak, it never works right.

I forgot to update this, but with a call to James Dean we had the parts we needed and now have a fixed carb and a running bike.

Ok, who is James Dean and how can I contact him? I have the same problem with my bike.