Sign in to follow this  

steel braided hose lines

Can someone logically explain to me how a front steel braided hose line (alone) will improve braking performance? Wouldn't you have to get a kit (like the braking wave rotor) to really enhance your braking from stock?:bonk:

I have a 2012 KXF450 and I think the front brake is a bit 'mushy' sometimes...

the steel braided line wont expand under braking pressure like the stock rubber hose

+1, stock rubber hoses stretch and expand with heat and stress of braking which makes the lever/pedal feel as you put it mushy. You will get better stopping power with a larger better cooling rotor, but even with just braided steel lines your braking will be more solid and consistent.

I replaced the stock line on my 12 with a braided line but in my opinion the bike still needs a larger disc, currently looking into options. Lever feel is great but the bike just lacks out right stopping power when riding fast tracks from my experience, have read some comments from magazine testers who also complained about the stock setup.

IF your front brake is mushy you can fix it with a braided line and a honda crf450r master cylinder.

The stock front brake setup sucks! I had a 10'yzf and it worked much better! I think I will start with a braided line and better fluid and see how much that helps!

after you get the new fluid in and your have it all bled out, zip-tie the the lever closed (like when your squeezing the brake lever) and let it sit like that over night.

Its not a miracle cure but it definitely works.