Sign in to follow this  

My 2008 Kawasaki KX250F

i finally sacked up and dove into offroad/motoX riding. plan is to use it as a cross-training tool for dh racing. this acquisition was not without regret. it was my first 4stroke bike and i tried to be as educated as i could before i inspected the bike. there were a few major things that i had missed when i had my local shop give it an once over. thankfully, no powerplant issues (yet).

it is my first bike, so i'll use this as a learning opportunity. here she is, fresh from the shop...ready to BRRAAAAP!

2008 kawasaki kx250f

kx250f.jpg

2011-12-23_13-08-34_178.jpg

new graphics kit is coming. gotta rep my sponsors and change numbers to 137

thanks, i'm gonna loosen up that chain tomorrow morning.

some new graphics, with less black, and more kawi green will be coming. i prefer the green plastic.

went out for ride on some backwoods dirt roads today. some twisty uphills and downhills with braking bumps and the occasional waterbar.

no stalling, but came pretty close! i sat on the bike for the most part. riding standing up felt kinda strange. it was hard to gas it while standing, felt like i was gonna fly off the back. and activating the rear brake while standing is alittle unnatural. its hard for me to feel anything in my Sidi Chargers. i had to look down at my feet alot. i'm assuming that once the boots get broken in, it'll feel less constricted/vague.

oh yeah, i stayed primarily in 2nd gear....slow is me!

Looks like the seat is cut that might make the bars look higher. Just wondering what did you miss that the dealer informed you ??

you will be very happy with that bike. kx 250f's are very nice bikes. nice power band. lots of power. hard to tell from the pic though but your forks seem set pretty high in the clamps. lowering them a bit might make cornering a bit more responsive if the front end pushes and feels a bit hard to control.

Looks like the seat is cut that might make the bars look higher.

I didn't even notice that. It just looks like the bars have a really high bend to me.