Sign in to follow this  

How much snap on a 200

I've been working on jetting on my sons 04 200sx. Gmoss has offered to help buy until we get a chance to meet at BM I'm going to try and figure it out. How snappy should it be off idle? It rolls on throttle pretty cleanly in neutral but doesn't have the instant snap in gear that my 300 has or my other sons 250. Just seems boggy. After about 1/4 throttle it feels strong. We used plug chop method and feel main jet is right on. Currently running 185 main, 42 pilot and stock needle. AS is about 3/4 out.

Any suggestions?

Hillcapper, any time you want to do some testing, let me know. I have enough trails here to do some jetting testing. If I remember, you don't live too far down the road. I have plenty of needles to sample with as well.

If you get it right, it will be very responsive. What needle are you running?

R1467G I believe. We just cant seem to get it crisp right off the throttle.

That is a rich diameter. It is a single taper like the Sudco's and translates roughly to a D*H. Too late to figure the clip position. lol

Sudco chart.

I have several of the Sudco needles and I think we should be able to get it better in an afternoon.

I traded my 39mm carb for a 36 and I believe I sent him a R1468G needle, which he says is working very well.

You might also need to adjust the power valve, it make a very big difference. It's also possible the power valve mechanism is all carboned up & not operating freely.