Sign in to follow this  

Help 2012 CRF 450

Right of idle it has a bog. I increased the idle from about 1800 to 2000. After the engine is warm it still has a bog or hesitation right off throttle or even cuts out and dies on stand or in a slow corner.The rest of the range is fine.(Mid through upper) Everything is stock except a yoshi full exhaust and no screen in the air filter. (Per yoshi stock mapping is supposed to be fine) Its scary especially hitting a jump rich out of a corner or a rhythm section...Fuel, Fuel filter, Throttle body, fuel pump, mapping, throttle positioning sensor...Bike has about 2 hours on it....PLEASE HELP troubleshoot.....Thank YOU

Sounds like it's running a tad lean in the bog area, likely exacerbated by the less-restrictive Yoshi exhaust. Get Eddie to remap your ECU, then "problem solved".

I would say u need a new map even though yosh says stock will work. Id contact eddie sissneros his maps for the 450 are supposed to be the ish.

edit: damn, ed beat me to it lol ^^^ agreed

buddy bought a yosh for his 2011, ran like crap, re-mapped it, ran awesome. they are lean from honda, the pipe leaned it out more, you need a re-map

You can pretty much verify whether or not its mapping by simply putting the old parts back on.

im sending to eddie...I hope the powerband stays smooth and electric-like but with a bit more power....Im surprised yoshi claims the stock mapping is fine....there is a clear hesitation off idle which would drive anyone nuts........unless there is something else wrong too....will see

My 2011 runs perfect with the same Yosh pipe. No remap needed. Did they change the motor on the 2012?

I ran the Yoshi on a bone-stock 2011 and it was horrible when compared to a remapped bike. Just not smooth and jerky, so I put the stock XR exhaust back on it, but it's still lousy. I see a small box in the mail, soon...

Did it run like this before you changed all these parts out? And if not did it run like it is now right after you put them on? :bonk::thumbsup:

Did it run like this before you changed all these parts out? And if not did it run like it is now right after you put them on? :bonk::thumbsup:

Don't know....I put the exhaust on right away. The second thing to go was the restrictive filter screen..So nothing to compare it to....I sent it in to get rem apped....will report back in a few days.

Don't know....I put the exhaust on right away. The second thing to go was the restrictive filter screen..So nothing to compare it to....I sent it in to get rem apped....will report back in a few days.

I would have to believe it's running this way because of the added pipe and the removal of the filter screen... Oh and BTW, removing the filter screen does absolutely nothing for the power... :bonk::thumbsup:

My 2011 runs perfect with the same Yosh pipe. No remap needed. Did they change the motor on the 2012?

The engine is the same, the map for the EFI is different because the 2012 exhaust has a hole in the end about the size of a dime.

The exhaust change will highlight the map changes even more dramatically.

The engine is the same, the map for the EFI is different because the 2012 exhaust has a hole in the end about the size of a dime.

The exhaust change will highlight the map changes even more dramatically.

the 11 has the same size hole as the 12

:bonk:

Ya? Hmm...Thought it'd gotten even smaller.

I only know cause i have/had both, but, the 12 mapping is different

FYI , my wife and I enjoy a little wine with dinner so anybody with a 11 or 12 that needs a wash plug let me know, I have some corks that should work great :bonk:

I would have to believe it's running this way because of the added pipe and the removal of the filter screen... Oh and BTW, removing the filter screen does absolutely nothing for the power... :bonk::thumbsup:

Well then I must have removed it to reduce the overall weight of the bike by about 40 lbs!!:smirk::thumbsup:

Well then I must have removed it to reduce the overall weight of the bike by about 40 lbs!!:banana::bonk:

Your filter screen weighs 40lbs...?? Hahahaaa... :busted::smirk:

Im curious to if idle speed has any thing to do with the lean stumble .voltage seems to be eratic on theses bikes i have also been measuring fuel pressure and its also eratic .voltage afecting the injector pulse width and also afecting fuel pump pressure could result in a lean condition .also injector timing is delayed @ smaller openings.It seems to me that if honda incorporated a small battery or a very hitech capacitor like formula 1 cars have that the injection could function much better.seems like there is a market here for a new power source that can keep a consisten voltage or even add some voltage for high performance engines helping to reduce pulse widths or duty cycles for engines requiring more fuel.i have already seen some improvment with increased fuel pressures and and reduced pulse widths on my modded engines.oops

Im curious to if idle speed has any thing to do with the lean stumble .voltage seems to be eratic on theses bikes i have also been measuring fuel pressure and its also eratic .voltage afecting the injector pulse width and also afecting fuel pump pressure could result in a lean condition .also injector timing is delayed @ smaller openings.It seems to me that if honda incorporated a small battery or a very hitech capacitor like formula 1 cars have that the injection could function much better.seems like there is a market here for a new power source that can keep a consisten voltage or even add some voltage for high performance engines helping to reduce pulse widths or duty cycles for engines requiring more fuel.i have already seen some improvment with increased fuel pressures and and reduced pulse widths on my modded engines.oops

Ron, read your post twice, i still have no idea what you said, i am dumb, haha

ran an fmf slip on today on my 12, no hicups or issues. small gain in power, nothing to brag about