Sign in to follow this  

What's in the stable - best traits for each (list em up)

I'll start...

2011 KTM 350 SX-F

over rev, e-start, brakes, plush, looks, sound (Yoshi), cornering, ergos, easy clean up, smooth controls

2012 Triumph Street Triple R

sound, looks, brakes, gearbox, smooth controls, handling, useful instrument cluster

2012 Suzuki RMZ 250

so far looks, ergos, sound (94 db is great), smooth controls, fit/finish (just got it)

IMG_9763.jpg

IMG_9873.jpg

IMG_9887.jpg

1990 KTM 250 DXC

1. Runs great, very dependable

2. Dirt cheap. Ready to ride...$600.00

1995 Kawasaki KX250

1. Runs good, not great

2. Looks good. Body work in good shape for it's age

3. Dirt cheap. $500.00(needed chain & sprockets & rear tire)

1976 Yamaha IT400c

1. Looks great. Freshly restored

2. Lot's of power

3. No other redeeming qualities(I just like vintage bikes)

4. I have mountain bikes with better suspensions than this pig

5. Relatively cheap. $850.00

I GOT CLEAR TITLES WITH ALL THREE!

Now I need to convince the wife a bike 2010 or newer will bring peace & harminy to our relationship:banana:

1987 RM 125

Conventional forks, sound, maintenance costs, handling, and last but certainly not least, power application

You have lots of nice stuff there :bonk:

1998 yz400f-

can't kill it, unlimited power, yamaha got it perfect with this bike

1982 cb450t-

cheap, easy to ride, easy to work on, unkillable

2004 crf100-

taught many people to ride on this bike, including myself, unkillable

i really don't care what i'm riding as long as it always rides no matter what when it counts. can't win/get there with a broken bike!

1987 RM 125

Conventional forks, sound, maintenance costs, handling, and last but certainly not least, power application

You have lots of nice stuff there :bonk:

Thanks. When I was your age I had 0 bikes and $0 to my name. I had dreams all growing up I would have bikes. Better late than never. I still feel like a kid on them.

08 yzf 450 great runner

08 530 excr made in too a super moto wheelie machine

07 yz250 good woods bike

05 wr450 fire road machine

98 yz250 old fathful

98 cr 500 hill climber

94 wr450 good snow bike studded tires

o5 raptor ok

:bonk:

i currently own 4 yz-250f yammies,and yes,i actually do bleed blue lol.two are 2011 models and the other two are 09's.im pretty sure after asking my two sons if they would consider switching brands,and i got a weird look from them,that means that any racebike in our stable is goona be a blue one.

2004 KX125: Bored to 144, sounds amazing thanks to a PC pipe and silencer combo, absolutely amazing engine for a smallbore two stroke thanks to an awesome port job by a guy who is unfortunately no longer in the business. I'm trying to sell it. I'll be sad to see it go as I've improved a lot as a rider in the time I've had it.

2011-11-22193310.jpg

2006 YZ250: only have a few hours on this bike but here's what I've noticed so far: handling, ergos, light weight, sound, *does best Jeremy Clarkson impression* POWERRRRR!

2011-11-05191354.jpg

1982 Yamaha Yz 250 - work in progress restoration

1995 Honda CR 500 - Set up for the dunes only

2004 Honda XR 650R - HRC Power Kit, my dual sport ride

2009 KTM 250 XCW - My dez racing sled

1985 Honda V65 Sabre - reliving my past! cool bike

2004 BMW K1200RS - 2 up with the wife.

2001 Kawasaki ZRX 1200 - just sold, looking for something covered in fiberglass and fun.

All of these bikes are used for their strong points. CR 500 kills the dunes, XR is a dual sport and open desert dream, KTM is an awesome bike for racing, nice and light and kills the 4 strokes in the tight stuff. The sabre was fast in it's day, it's a cruiser by today's standards. The BMW is pure luxury and the wife loves riding on it, she falls asleep (not good). The ZRX is the Eddie Lawson replica that is totally cool, but I wanted something different after riding it, so I'm looking for a CBR or a GSXR, just to go cruise the canyons in the am.

2000 Drz400e for stone cold reliability,dirt and supermoto rims make it the ultimate do ot all bike.

1999 yz250 because it is street titled and a fantastic woods bike....and I need my two stroke fix.

1990 KTM 250 DXC

1. Runs great, very dependable

2. Dirt cheap. Ready to ride...$600.00

1995 Kawasaki KX250

1. Runs good, not great

2. Looks good. Body work in good shape for it's age

3. Dirt cheap. $500.00(needed chain & sprockets & rear tire)

1976 Yamaha IT400c

1. Looks great. Freshly restored

2. Lot's of power

3. No other redeeming qualities(I just like vintage bikes)

4. I have mountain bikes with better suspensions than this pig

5. Relatively cheap. $850.00

I GOT CLEAR TITLES WITH ALL THREE!

Now I need to convince the wife a bike 2010 or newer will bring peace & harminy to our relationship:banana:

Heck you be making a big jump if you got anything that the year didn't start with a 1 and a 9.

2009 KX450F

Looks great, rides smooth, brakes, performance.

Bought it off a pro enduro rider, had some oil leaks but luckily i got it cheap, cause the fuel pump went out the first month..

2005 YZ450F

Powerful!! sounds great, easy to work on, reliable, and i love the 4 speed.. can pop a wheelie in all 4 gears with this things smooth power! love it..

I wanna sell both and buy a 2011 yamaha or ktm.. havent decided or committed yet

1. 09 KTM 250 sx set up for woods racing. Does everything well in the woods. Adjustable power for any condition, and great suspension (after revalve) that is almost maintenance free (no linkage). Stone reliable. Clean the air filter every now and then, and just ride.

2. 04 RM 125. No dirt bike is as fun as a 125 (any brand). If you don't own one, you are missing out big time.

1991 Honda XR600R plated and ridden the most.:bonk:

005.jpg

1982 XL250R plated. I can throw anyone from beginner to advanced on this bike for a little trail riding fun. Runs lke a sewing machine.

IMG_0587.jpg

1994 CR250 Fresh top and lower end. For when I can find somewhere to ride it with out a hassle.

015a.jpg

2008 Sportster 1200, for when I'm getting my cruise on.

005-1.jpg

03 RM 250 I use for woods racing/ riding and MX. The RM is my sports car, for high performance riding. It's not much like an 03, more like a 12 as I just finished completely rebuilding it.

rmfinal003.jpg

07 WR450 for fire/ logging roads, long cruises, exploring. The WR is my pickup truck.

wrrebuild084.jpg

KTM 200 Light and fun 2 stroke.

XR400 is easy to ride, bulletproof and plush on the rocks.

Montessa 315R Trials bike. Hell of a workout and makes me ride the above bikes better,

Rokon 2x2 Trailbreaker Does not need a trail so it's great for exploring new areas.

03 RM 250 I use for woods racing/ riding and MX. The RM is my sports car, for high performance riding. It's not much like an 03, more like a 12 as I just finished completely rebuilding it.

rmfinal003.jpg

07 WR450 for fire/ logging roads, long cruises, exploring. The WR is my pickup truck.

wrrebuild084.jpg

I see you have some GYTR goodies on there lol