Sign in to follow this  

Dakar: Is it on the "Speed" channel this year?

looked on my Directv sch and I did not see it. I know the dakar starts January 1st 2012.

It was canceled due to terrorist threats. I believe some tourist were killed along with some threats to the Dakar committee. I heard is was being moved to South America, but not for sure.

Speed is too interested in Dumbest stuff on wheels and pimp my ride and crap like that. In Canada the last 2 or so years there has been no coverage. Have to watch it on line. Dakar web site had coverage every night.

It was canceled due to terrorist threats. I believe some tourist were killed along with some threats to the Dakar committee. I heard is was being moved to South America, but not for sure.

It's been in South Ameria for about 3 years now.

Speed is too interested in Dumbest stuff on wheels and pimp my ride and crap like that. In Canada the last 2 or so years there has been no coverage. Have to watch it on line. Dakar web site had coverage every night.

hey i like pimp my ride! :bonk::smirk:

but dumbest stuff on wheels, should be called dumbest show on tv. and that narrator is so annoying... :banana:

Yeah when you can do those speed limits post up the results. :bonk:

Anyway as of Jan 2 VS becomes the NBC Sports Network. But it says here Dakar will be broadcast starting 1/2/12.

Because it's a rally raid not a sprint race. And they've killed a few non-participants (including an 11 year old girl) as well. Bad PR.

The race runs through remote inhabited areas of the world where vehicles are rarely seen and the people simple. Even when seen they are big old transport vehicles trundling along not race vehicles flying across the land.

All I ever see any good on Speed is the Nationals and SX. Otherwise the channel is pure crap.

There is every kind of dumba** channel you can think of available today. Why no Motorcycle channel???

I like Speed in the summer months, as they broadcast all the road races, MotoGP, WSBK, V8 Supercar and such. Plus, they show the outdoor MX series.

Winter time is a bit lacking with just the Supercross. Especially since I have just never been able to get into the SX much. Watch the first 3-4, then just check the results online the rest of the season.:bonk:

Versus covers the Dakar. They do a half-hour summary show each evening. Versus is channel 603 on Direct TV. I just checked my DVR and coverage starts on January 1st.