Sign in to follow this  

Cr wheel bearing help :)

Hi everyone i just got my new wheel bearings for my 95 cr 250 i was wondering how do u get them out and btw it has 3 wheel bearings instead of 2 , also is there any tips or tricks :bonk:

Cheers , merry christmas

Hi everyone i just got my new wheel bearings for my 95 cr 250 i was wondering how do u get them out and btw it has 3 wheel bearings instead of 2 , also is there any tips or tricks :bonk:

Cheers , merry christmas

You can get them out with a long punch, the easiest way to get them out is to buy a Tusk Bearing puller kit from Rockymountainmc.com though. As far as having 3 bearings. 1 goes on the brake side and 2 go on the sprocket side.

take a long punch and insert it where the axle was after the wheel has been removed.

tap the single bearing out using a long punch and a hammer tapping in a criss cross manner.

Once that bearing has been removed ,remove the spacer and find a socket that will slide inside the hub. Using an extention on the socket , tap the end of the extension ,and bearings should come out.

Verify there isn't a snap ring holding in the bearing as they will have to be removed first. This works with most motorcycles.

it's been a decade since my last CR. :bonk: