Sign in to follow this  

02 rm250 powder coating

Going to be getting some parts done soon clutch and ignition cover, maybe the frame guards too what colors would look best i was thinking black but can get any color done from a friend. Heres how it was when i bought it, only aftermarket part was the applied clamps.

5E799886-orig.jpg

as it sits

DD3062F2-orig.jpg

242FC86B-orig.jpg

BAC7234B-orig.jpg

I'm thinking black for both covers and frame guards, but can get a red or yellow just not sure if it would look a bit to flashy. Pics of what you've done or opinions would be appreciated.

I am still a fan of Grey for frame and engine parts/covers. Second would be black, for frame and maybe frame guards, but not engine covers. They will all rub off so keep that in mind. Maybe just polish up frame guards.. or let them get roughed up and raw looking.

Yellow is tough because it has to match perfectly or it will look like poo. Red frame if you have other res to match too.

I like the Yellow fram on the Husebergs but it is only seen in graphics IIRC so it works. You have a lot of yellow on the Suzuki in plastic so match it right or go another color. :bonk:

Just my thoughts. My frame is all banged up and rubbed ff from my boots. What do I know. :smirk:

I've seen black, gun metal grey, yellow,and even white done on them. The first 3 look good but its all in exactly what colors you get. What surprised me was the all white framed RM250. It actually looked really good. I think someone on this board did it up like that. I'm really leaning towards gun metal grey. I really dig the clean stock look.

personally i always thought red looked the best with the suzukis, like the 2005 rm250 :bonk: she was the best looking rm of all time with the red graphics on yellow plastic.

im still a little confused as to what you r getting powder coated but if u can powder coat your frame red and get fresh plastics and graphics with red accents in it. that would be my dream suzuki.