Sign in to follow this  

Bought me an RM 125-finally

So I am a 47 yr old long-time rider who finally got around to buying the machine I really wanted for over a year now. In the summer of 2010 I was riding my nearly-new CR 125 that I just loved. Late summer, a buddy brought over his 2002 RM 125 and I found it to perform at least as good as my Honda but with a much better motor. It did not take long for me to realize I needed to get me a yellow smoker. Sold the CR to a buddy, found a like-new 2003 RM on Craigs List, then got sidetracked by thinking about all of the other choices out there for me. I spent all of the Fall driving all over the state looking at different bikes, finally settling on a very nice '07 RMZ 250 just in time to put it in the garage and wait for Spring. Great bike, for sure. Something just did not seem to be right about this choice when I rode this year and just sold the bike and some of my stuff, figuring I was done riding. By October, I knew I still had the bug. Drove numerous hours looking at mostly crap again, mostly because the sellers assured me these were nice bikes. It amazes me that people can treat a once-new dirt bike like garbage and let them become junk. Anyway, I was poking aroung CL one day and found an ad for a 2003 RM 125 that sounded famaliar. Called about it and sure enough, it was the same bike I had called about one year before. Had been ran maybe 10 minutes in that time. Finally went to look at it, rode it and immediate knew this was the bike for me. Very snappy power, plush suspension, feels solid and I would estimate it has maybe 25 hours total on it. I now have this awesome bike in my garage for a nice sum of $1200. I am so happy to join the RM family and cannot wait for Spring to be able to ride my prized possession.

Edited by thsp485

Great find! Now that winter is here, rip it down and grease everything and check the motor as best you can. There is no way to tell how many hours are on the motor and a new piston would be a good investment. Ride the wheels off!

Drove numerous hours looking at mostly crap again, mostly because the sellers assured me these were nice bikes. It amazes me that people can treat a once-new dirt bike like garbage and let them become junk. .

So true. Amazes me how people can treat there stuff like a pile of turds. Ive wasted a lot of fuel to go look at numerous types of vehicles that the owners said were " nice " or " mint".

Nice bike, looks really clean in the pics. You got a good deal.

Thanks. I hope to ride it before it gets cold, but then I plan to do the usual maintenence stuff, like greasing linkage, take stuff apart to inspect, new top-end. I am so damned happy to have this bike.

i woulda payed 1200 in a heartbeat for that...really clean bike....ive been looking for a 125 and around here but they are all clapped out and still want 1500 bucks......noone takes care of bikes around here