Sign in to follow this  

Officially tarded !!

really didnt need to be spending the money on these rims but got them for a good price ..... :busted:

still need to get some crf disc bolts for the rear and the correct rear bearings (cr500 are 20mm and crf are 25mm) ... need 47x20x12.... can only find 47x20x14.... the 14mm will work since i have a just enough room in the swingarm.... :bonk:

PITA install though.. have to pull off chain guide and install brake link/spacers all as one unit..:smirk:

front requires the disc to be loose and caliper installed loosely on the disc and mounted all as one unit... :banana:

the front worked out really well and only took an 1/8" spacer to make it work perfect with stock cr500 axle and crf spacers... :awww:

motardrim2.jpg

motardrim1.jpg

motardrim3.jpg

wont be able to ride it till i find the bearings and can get it up to cottonwood where i live now (prescott for now till i get a house in cottonwood) :bonk:

got the bearings for rear wheel but they are 2mm wider than the correct bearings (cant find them/not made anymore :brick:) so it moved my sprocket/tire edge over a bit more.... now the chain rubs the tire... so ill flip the front sprocket and space out the rear sprocket and it will be DONE.... :thumbs: ... was really really really hard to not test ride it today but i dont want a chewed up tire... the chain rub on the rim has kinda grown on me.. wont ever have to worry about that with the 160 rear tire on there plus it fits so perfect in this cr250 frame.... :laff:

motardrim6.jpg

motardrim5.jpg

motardrim4.jpg

ya already got those 2 things figured........... prob. try to do them today/tomorrow before i leave tomorrow afternoon.. want to get atleast one ride in before i go back to north az where im living/working now.. wish i could take the bikes with me but no where to keep them ..... :banana:

:bonk: looks good

As far as chain rub you can do a couple of things,

1. offset your rear wheel by your spokes

2. Put a couple washers between your sprocket and Hub

Hope this helps :smirk:

ya already got those 2 things figured........... prob. try to do them today/tomorrow before i leave tomorrow afternoon.. want to get atleast one ride in before i go back to north az where im living/working now.. wish i could take the bikes with me but no where to keep them ..... :smirk:

Keep them on your living room :bonk: If your GF or Wife gets mad just tell them that this Granny said it is OK

Keep them on your living room :bonk: If your GF or Wife gets mad just tell them that this Granny said it is OK

:smirk:wish i had a living room to keep them in.... had to leave the wife in another city and move to cottonwood/prescott area for work ..(D&K service).. love it up there and when shes done with her teaching contract in june she will be up that way too... till then im staying with a buddy ..... no rent but its a 45mile ride each way to work.. :busted:

got to take a maiden voyage today on the new rims/tires :p and it was :lol::banana::D:awww::worthy::bonk::smirk::thumbsup::banana:... took a few miles to get ride of the snot down the middle of the tire... then i stopped at a church parking lot and ran the tires over to the edge in about 30 laps....:lol:

cant wait to rail mingus mountain this spring/summer..... :p