Sign in to follow this  

Just bought 2005 drz 125L for $700 pics!!!

So I just bought this drz 125L today from a guy and it looks like it has little to no hours. Its very clean I started going through it tonight as you will see in the last pic pretty much just stripping it down and cleaning and checking every single thing I possibly can.. anyway here it is this will be my 3rd bike to add to the collection of a 2004 kx 125 and a 2007 crf 50 stunted out.. Also if anyone knows anyway of getting a little more power out of it without dumping money I would apreciate it.. I was told removing the snorkel helps?? I also was told I dont have to reject im not sure any imput I would apreciate :bonk: lol and also how can I stiffen up the stock forks? Is there an adjustment somewhere? thanks anyway heres the pics!!!

http://s1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee472/tessaro1/2005%20drz%20125L/

There are no adjustments on the stock forks. im running BBR fork springs, huge improvement but still far from race forks.

I have a set of BBR springs I would let go for pretty cheap...

Cut your airbox, shim you needle, and install a 110 main jet and a 17.5 pilot. It will really wake that thing up.

Then save up for a pipe and a cam.

Sky is the limit

Cut your airbox, shim you needle, and install a 110 main jet and a 17.5 pilot. It will really wake that thing up.

i did the air box, did the jetting 110 and 17.5, i got a full PC pipe, but shim the needle?

when you say "shim" do you mean moving the needle down one click, or up one?

Shimming the needle is basicly putting a small washer under the needle clip (it raises the needle giving the motor more fuel). I don't think the stock needle has grooves so it can't be adjusted without shimming?

good thing i just got a mm sized ruber washer set, from supper supper small to about 2 inches.

ill have to get that a try. thanks guys!

So I put in the black washer but the white one was already on there. Just making sure this looks right to you guys.

2012-01-06_12-10-59_117.jpg

A metal washer will be thinner. That o ring is so thick its like moving 2-3 clip positions at once. I think that's to thick. Your just trying to raise the needle slightly to give the motor more fuel.

its a little thinker then a quarter. i'm pretty known for doing this, i got the rubber o ring set after x-mas and i wanted to use it so bad it was the first thing i went too. although i put the bike back together, and right when i started it i was thinking "crap that oring is rubber"! thought oh well i'll try it at least. and it worked really good! i dont really have a track or nothing but i do have so trails around and it seemed to work just fine, it pulled me up the hills really well with out bogging. and it seemed like i had better throttle response. i snapped the throttle really fast and it reved up and didn't cut out.. i did that a couple of time and still no cutting out.

with that being said im thinking i need to replace that oring with a metal washer but on how well it preformed do you think it being that thick will hurt the motor? if it was half the thickness would it be the same you think? i haven't tried any thing thinner so idk?

what do you think tom?

Seeings how its winter, the bikes run leaner (the air is more dense, so your getting more in). That's why its working better with so much more fuel. No you will not hurt the motor. If its working then run it. If its a decent quality buna o-ring kit, being rubber is fine (I'm guessing your kit is red with all the little t post looking things that hold the rings?) When it warms up, If your bike starts to not transition as well from pilot to main jet, you will know you need to reduce the size of the oring and install a washer. The correct washers are much thinner...but like I said, if it works run it. You won't hurt a thing

Tom

yes my kit is red with with little t post looking things. haha

i think for now ill run it then. . . maybe if i start noticing anything funny going on in the spring when it starts warming up i'll probably go to the washers.

thanks tom.