Sign in to follow this  

Swapping a Crf450r frame with 450x frame 2006

I currently own a 2006 crf450r and am looking at buying a 2006 crf450x frame to swap into it. I've searched around and havnt found a whole lot on the subject other than that the X frame is a little bit wider than the R. What parts won't swap? Any knowledge on the subject would be useful, thanks.

This is ultimately the most cost effective way of plating my bike since you cannot plate the R in Mississippi. Just need the serial number of an X essentially, along with a title. Not worried about the lack of oil/gearing associated with the R cause I'm gonna be on the road for less than 3 miles at a time at low speeds. Just wanna be able to drive it to the trails cause I don't have a truck. Gonna Jerry rig my lights just to pass inspection then use hand signals since I won't be riding at night. Any ideas welcomed!

Engine should bolt in on bottom mounts but top mount is going to have to be custom made because I believe the motors between the x and r sit at different angles. also subframes will be dif. Besides that i am not sure what else lol.

Engine should bolt in on bottom mounts but top mount is going to have to be custom made because I believe the motors between the x and r sit at different angles. also subframes will be dif. Besides that i am not sure what else lol.

Then engines are at slightly different angles but they made the change within the chassis. The engine mounts should be the same from one engine to another. At least when they made the change in 06 from 05, the engines and cases were the same.