Sign in to follow this  

Modern Green sticker two strokes???

I am starting to research a new bike for the coming year.

My old faithful 2004 CRF450 has been a great bike. But I think its time to move on.

I mostly trail ride and am probably going to pick up an enduro bike of one color or another.

But I really want a green sticker.

Its my understanding that nothing (other than off-road 4strokes) are getting green stickers.

Is there anyone out there developing technology to keep these two smokers green stickered?

I would just love to go back to the simplicty of the 2t. I have blown up those and 4t's and the 450 was a pain in the arse to rebuild... and expensive ha ha.

Thanks fellas

Justin

***Mods if you feel this is the wrong area please move it. I just thought it was appropriate for this section.

Nope, no green sticker 2 strokes. Maybe when KTM brings out the direct injection bikes in another year or 2 (or 3). But with the on going California emissions jihad, I doubt it even then.

Just buy A yamaha 4 stroke! I am on my second Yamaha 4 stroke and have never had a problem with either. Two of my friends have Hondas and they have some problems with the bikes:smirk:

CA and it’s liberal democratic party are on a mission to eliminate the motorcycle completely. To date, the state and party have not been successful.

As to a new 2t green sticker. No way Jose. If you would like a 2t green sticker bike, it will have to be a YM 2002 or older. Buy one, fix it up and enjoy.

Are there officials out there checking the stickers on bikes? I've never even registered or spark arrested one of my bikes.

What's to keep you from saying it's for a different bike on the application and then putting the green sticker on whatever bike you want?

Are there officials out there checking the stickers on bikes? I've never even registered or spark arrested one of my bikes.

What's to keep you from saying it's for a different bike on the application and then putting the green sticker on whatever bike you want?

Depends where you go. State parks do check like Hollister but a lot of National Forrest there is hardly anybody out there and a lot of those areas don't go by the green/red sticker state law because they are national forrest. There are some national Forrest riding areas that do enforce the rule but never patrol the area. If you're going to ride somewhere be sure and research before you go out.

Probably enforce the rules a lot like they do here. Supposed to have a spark arrestor, but barely one bike in 20 have one. As long as you have the paperwork showing you've paid to ride, it's all good with the rangers, sparky or not.:bonk:

All’s fair and good if you don’t get pulled over for something. But here in CA it seems that everything is wireless now days including law enforcement. When the officer runs the bike’s VIN number through DMV and the data comes back, watch out if you have the wrong license on the wrong bike….. Just obey the law and then you have nothing to worry about except the next oil change or whether the bike needs new rings……

I know these are well out of my budget (the reason I'm currently building a 2002 CR250) but new green sticker 2t's do exist.

green sticker honda 250: http://www.servicehonda.com/honda-2010-models/250afx

green sticker honda 500 (I have seen 2 of these first hand at a local riding area with green stickers) : http://www.servicehonda.com/honda-2010-models/500afx

green sticker kawi 500: http://www.servicehonda.com/kawasaki-2010-models/kx500afx

All of these bikes start with enduro model (green stickerable crf250x or klx450) frames so the vin numbers are good to go. I haven't checked into the matter much yet, but I believe that the chrictini 300 awd can be green stickered as well (and they have switched to an aluminum frame now aswell) http://www.christini.com/bikes/christini-awd-300

In all honesty, I can barely feel any difference between riding a newer 2t versus say a 99-02 yz250 or a 02 cr250. In the end you can rebuild an older bike to better-than-new and add on any more modern amennities cheaper than buying a new bike.

• Like 1

I've just received the final invoice for my AWD 450 DS model. I've asked that same question to the folks at Christini (regarding the 450) and have yet to get a definite answer. I've just brought that subject up again with Ash and I'm waiting to hear back from him.

I'll update the thread as soon as I hear back.