Sign in to follow this  

cr 250 2003

hi all im geting a cr250 03 and im just wondering i weight 220lb im confused im new to this about setting sag, the rebound and setting my suspension forks and rear to my weight can someone help me what to set it at and tell me were i can get this done in the uk please thanks all

Read through this.. Suspension how-to

Should give you a good idea of what's going on.

And.. You don't take your bike somewhere and "get" this done. Unless you want to pay someone a chunk of change to read a tape and operate the hammer and drift punch. You just need a buddy to read the tape while you set on the bike. Set the pre-load yourself.

All the clicker settings are going to be done at the track/trail, so that's going to be completely up to you as to how you want the bike to handle and ride.

Read through this.. Suspension how-to

Should give you a good idea of what's going on.

And.. You don't take your bike somewhere and "get" this done. Unless you want to pay someone a chunk of change to read a tape and operate the hammer and drift punch. You just need a buddy to read the tape while you set on the bike. Set the pre-load yourself.

All the clicker settings are going to be done at the track/trail, so that's going to be completely up to you as to how you want the bike to handle and ride.

thanks mate but coukd you tell me hoe to set this mate or can i tke to a motorcross and they can set it for me thanks (50's in the forks, and 6.2 rear.)???

At over 220 plus gear, if the springs on the bike are stock they will be too soft for you for almost all types of riding. If this is your first bike, it may be a good idea to visit a respected tuner in your area. But if your mechanically inclined, spring changes are not rocket science, and youll gain a good understanding of your forks and shock. First step is the manual. Get the Honda manual. You can download one, or the auction sites always have one. Some suspension companies have spring rate finders on their site.Such as www.racetech.com example, RT site shows .48 Front and 5.58 rear for 220 without gear (using closest available rate)

Compare two or more companies spring rate suggestions first. Have fun out there. Come on over and hang out in the Honda 2t forum when you get time.

At over 220 plus gear, if the springs on the bike are stock they will be too soft for you for almost all types of riding. If this is your first bike, it may be a good idea to visit a respected tuner in your area. But if your mechanically inclined, spring changes are not rocket science, and youll gain a good understanding of your forks and shock. First step is the manual. Get the Honda manual. You can download one, or the auction sites always have one. Some suspension companies have spring rate finders on their site.Such as www.racetech.com example, RT site shows .48 Front and 5.58 rear for 220 without gear (using closest available rate)

Compare two or more companies spring rate suggestions first. Have fun out there. Come on over and hang out in the Honda 2t forum when you get time.

tanks mate im new so i dnt av a clue all i want to do is get my bike and get the suspension to my weight can i take it to a motorcross shop so they can set it for me thanks and what does stock mean mate thanks alot

so do you think i have to get new spring and what ones do i need thanks?

Yes, at 220lbs you will need heavier springs. I'm just a few pounds heavier than you, and I'm using spring rates very close to what PiePlate mentioned.

I would recommend finding a good suspension guy in your area to work with, and perhaps you could also find an experienced TT guy in your area to help you with setting the sag.