Sign in to follow this  

Cam Carrier for 08 CRF450R

Will the cam carrier from a 06 TRX450R mount onto my 08 CRF450R. I am aware of the decompression set ups, I plan to run an HC stage 2.

cam carriers are matched to your head. if you need a new one, youll most likely need to buy a head.

No thats not true on the Honda Uni Cam set up.It is a spearate piece and is not machined at the same time into the head like the dual overhead cam set up on other brands.

Yup, any year cam tower will swap to any year head, except the 09+ engines. No issue with swapping the carriers on Hondas thanks to the roller bearings in the carrier.

The TRX carrier looks different, does anyone know why it is built different? IT seems to be more beefy.

I have heard the rockers are different design and are prone to less flexing on the TRX. Is this true and why would it be different for a TRX?

The cam sprocket is also different. Does this mean there is an offset or could it be the timing mark and mark on cam tower is different?

Rocksalt,hello I work in a rather large multi line dealership and have had the cam tower assemblies side by side many times They are the same part,the rocker is the same part and are fully interchangeable,cheers

Rocksalt,hello I work in a rather large multi line dealership and have had the cam tower assemblies side by side many times They are the same part,the rocker is the same part and are fully interchangeable,cheers

IMG_1124-1.jpg

2gt16pg.jpg

They may have the same functionality but are indeed different.