Digital camera lens

Jake you still got that little S2 pocket camera? Mine still works but now collects dust.

Joe......

No! I used it a bunch this summer after losing my pentax optio W60 in the TSF. Then I lost the S2 on trail 2 in the giff. Used my Droid X for a while until my brother bought me a Nikon S70, it is better than the S2 but not weatherproof. That S2 was a damn durable camera!

I was still getting decent pictures with it right up until the end.

DSCN9842-M.jpg

DSCN9835-M.jpg

Later,

They are awesome!

9 frames a second and built like a tank.

I shot this one of Bubba a while back with a Mark 2N :banana:

896490891_B4th6-L.jpg

:bonk:?

Excellent photo! Not just the action freeze, but background and all.

Some interesting first impressions too.. At first, it looks like he's in mid air with a hill scene far back in the background until you see that part of his rear tire is obscured by what looks like the crest of a background hill.

Another scratch-your-head moment is when the blue front fender makes it look like he's sticking his right leg through the forks !!?? Neat trick!! ?

Nikon 500 it is $319 or something like that it's a good camera for portrait and landscape, but not action unless it is well lit. The SLR we have now just takes much better pictures even though it is dated in the digital SLR world. I plan to race the entire NMa offroad series and want my wife to document myself and buddies race season. Also I will be shooting all of the kids races that I go to to make a photo book of my son and his best friend Ryder.

Sounds like you could make good use of a good helmet cam with HD and 120 FPS capability. You could let it run the entire race and pick out only the special events in the race.. With a good high def video camera, you can pick and choose single frames that stand out for pretty good prints. Not as good as a good SLR, but you stand a better chance of capturing that once in a life-time action shot.

Learning to edit hours of video is a pain at first, but get past the learning curve and it's well worth the effort. :bonk:

Sounds like you could make good use of a good helmet cam with HD and 120 FPS capability. You could let it run the entire race and pick out only the special events in the race.. With a good high def video camera, you can pick and choose single frames that stand out for pretty good prints. Not as good as a good SLR, but you stand a better chance of capturing that once in a life-time action shot.

Learning to edit hours of video is a pain at first, but get past the learning curve and it's well worth the effort. :bonk:

I have an HD Hero on the way, but they aren't 120fps are they?

Hey Jake

Are you going to be at the Hangover?

If so, you can play with the Mark2 from the stands.

I will be doing mostly video all day so wont really need it.

I am going to try, we will be staying in Salem after Bens wedding so trying to get there may be a pain.

I will try to track you down if I make it and the weather isn't terrible.

Later,

The new one can do 120fps but in low res only (480)

The camera can shoot 11mpx stills but is no better quality than the original.

Thanks for that tip.. I can wait... My Contour HD 1080 is doing OK for what I want for now and it fits in pretty close so brush had not been a problem so far.

I've been playing around with mounting it other places than my helmet so that more of the bike shows in the movie. My knee has been worked well since I discovered it keeps the camera on a level plane even when I flex deeply in the jumps. the boot didn't work so well as it points the camera to the ground as I roll to the front of the pegs on climbs or full power hits..

Clamping it to my belt on the side would be a good spot, but I'll have to trim down that "spare tire" first since it gets in the way.. I already tested that spot. :bonk: Maybe a kidney belt would take care of that or borrow the Wife's cheater wrap.. ?

No! I used it a bunch this summer after losing my pentax optio W60 in the TSF. Then I lost the S2 on trail 2 in the giff. Used my Droid X for a while until my brother bought me a Nikon S70, it is better than the S2 but not weatherproof. That S2 was a damn durable camera!

I was still getting decent pictures with it right up until the end.

DSCN9842-M.jpg

DSCN9835-M.jpg

Later,

ha...you got a nice pick of one my hunting areas.......

I have a Canon 1D Mark 2n pro camera for sale if anyone is interested?

Just about the best sports camera ever made :bonk:

I have owned 3, and would keep this one, but my clients want a larger file size,

but for personal use it is more than good enough.

How much?---^, I have a friend with one, and it kicks the crap out of my Sony 550, for action. I keep thinking of selling all my Minolta/Sony stuff, now I just might. I have a ton of lenses, not the cheapos either, but the good low F's, funny though, most of the time all I use is the 70-200 1:2.8 or the 29-70 1:2.8, but at the end of the day while its still a awesome setup, the Canon kicks its ass in action.

How much?---^, I have a friend with one, and it kicks the crap out of my Sony 550, for action. I keep thinking of selling all my Minolta/Sony stuff, now I just might. I have a ton of lenses, not the cheapos either, but the good low F's, funny though, most of the time all I use is the 70-200 1:2.8 or the 29-70 1:2.8, but at the end of the day while its still a awesome setup, the Canon kicks its ass in action.

Sent you a PM with the info.