Sign in to follow this  

Gotta love this weather on Xmas !

I'm about 30 min away from loading the 96 kx250 in truck and going to private track to ride ... on Xmas Eve in Chicago :bonk: gotta love this weather 40's and sunny next 3 days :smirk:

Not sure how track will be but anything is better than nothing ... im just glad there isn't a foot of SNOW

Merry Xmas :banana:

Yea this is crazy! New York hasn't seen much for snow. There's about an inch that we got over night, but it definitely isn't too much for riding!

I'm kind of torn though, we have our snowmobiles all registered and ready to go. I love ripping in on our snowmobiles for church on Christmas Eve smelling like 2 stroke perfume!

Oh man...jealous!

We had my sisters and brother and their kids over last night for our family party...21 of us. A couple times I had to go out to "the other garage" to get something. Saw our KXs all snuggled up and put away for the winter. Bumming cause my shoulder is all better and healed up and the bone is growing around gthe plate nicely...I could ride.

On the other hand, I had the big garage all cleaned and heated me and the kids could skate and play bags and all and there are the three sleds all shined up and tuned and greased and ready to go. But no snow :bonk:

This inbetween weather is killing me. Sleds in one garage and bikes in the other and can't ride either of them.

What track you going to? Northern Illionois somewhere? Maybe me and my 11 year old will at least stop by and watch you for bit.

CooHead

Oh man...jealous!

We had my sisters and brother and their kids over last night for our family party...21 of us. A couple times I had to go out to "the other garage" to get something. Saw our KXs all snuggled up and put away for the winter. Bumming cause my shoulder is all better and healed up and the bone is growing around gthe plate nicely...I could ride.

On the other hand, I had the big garage all cleaned and heated me and the kids could skate and play bags and all and there are the three sleds all shined up and tuned and greased and ready to go. But no snow :busted:

This inbetween weather is killing me. Sleds in one garage and bikes in the other and can't ride either of them.

What track you going to? Northern Illionois somewhere? Maybe me and my 11 year old will at least stop by and watch you for bit.

CooHead

Coo ... im in the north burbs about 30 min north of Chicago near Gurnee and Six Flags etc ... just got back cuz the track was way to muddy ... barley made one lap now bike has 10 lbs of mud :smirk:

Perfect weather but just too slippery to have any fun ... there is a nice 50ft table but needs to dry out some yet :banana:

Maybe by Monday it will be rideable ... crossing my fingers :bonk:

Coo ... what kind of sleds ? My bro just got 2 triple 800 vmax's last year... they rip ! But like you said this in between weather SUCKS !

40 degrees around Christmas time in Chicago is pretty nice. I lived up in Fox Lake for a couple of years back in the early 80's, by the end of December you were lucky if it got up to 20. The winters were why I only stayed 2 years.:bonk:

40 degrees around Christmas time in Chicago is pretty nice. I lived up in Fox Lake for a couple of years back in the early 80's, by the end of December you were lucky if it got up to 20. The winters were why I only stayed 2 years.:smirk:

Hey im about 20 min from Fox Lake and yes usually around this time i am snowmobiling on the river etc ... but now it kinda sucks cuz its too warm to ride sleds and to muddy from the daily thaw to ride mx :bonk:

What do i do with my time off ? Tired of seeing my bike in garage all ready to ride a local private track :banana::foul: Gunna try to go again tomorrow ... was way too muddy yesterday