Sign in to follow this  

Swapping body work on an 02 200exc

I just got an 02 200exc and love it. I looked at an 07 200 xcw but could not justify paying 1k more for it. But the only thing I don't really like about the 02 is the plastic. My dad has an 05 576exc and I have a 04 400exc and love the way the bikes look. This means I have plenty of extra orange around to use, but what else would it take to swap it on to an 02. I know it may take a sub frame and air box. I am looking to find out what exactly it would take, do I need to modify anything or would I just have to buy everything and bolt it on? The bike had been gone through motor wise so all that is set, I'm just looking to freshen up the aesthetics. Here is a list of thing I have,

Rear fender/number plate

All the lighting

Gas tank, I have seen a 4-stroke tank on a 2-stroke so I'll try this first

Radiator shrouds

Single bolt seat*

Anything I need to add to this list?

Thanks for any suggestions and help.

Edited by fast525

You will need a sub frame,air box and single bolt seat.

Not sure what year sub frame you will need as i think the 200 uses a different sub then the 250/300.

I just did the conversion on my 01 300exc.

1-1-10213.jpg

Thanks for reminding me about the seat which I have as well. I am thinking I will need an 04 125sx sub frame and air box. Great looking 300 by the way, and if you don't mind me asking how much was your conversion?

Edited by fast525

It can be done pretty cheaply if you take your time and get everything used.

I went with a new subframe. 220.00 (i think)

new rear fender 45.00

Used tank,airbox and tall ee seat. 175.00

(the seat in the pic is a standard height soft ee from my 07)

The shrouds,head light,front fender and fork guards are hand me downs from my 07.

A while back i picked up a 1 ride old oem headlight/tail light for cheap. (75 bucks)

That's where the tail light came from. Maybe 20 dollars in oem mounting hardware to finish it up.