Sign in to follow this  

EXC450 Tires...

Or another option...Pirelli MT21...I've been running these this past year and really have no complaints. My bro has been running Dunlop 606's on his XR650 and is happy but describes the rear as hooks up when it wants to...sometimes has great traction and sometimes doesn't.

The other hot set-up is Pirelli MT16 knobby up front and MT43 Trials in the rear...if my memory is right, both are DOT legal.

It's not a street rated tire though.

TheBlackSheep...I'm pretty sure the MT43 is DOT legal. Take a look at the sidewall in the picture you loaded. If you zoom in, you can see the DOT marking.

• Like 1

TheBlackSheep...I'm pretty sure the MT43 is DOT legal. Take a look at the sidewall in the picture you loaded. If you zoom in, you can see the DOT marking.

Oh yeah, you are right! :smirk:

Then it sounds like a no brainer to go with the MT43 then! :bonk:

I switched to a MT43 last spring and never looked back! For trail riding it's the best thing since sliced bread :bonk: It's performed awesome on everything I've thrown at it so far. For long distance desert rides I will continue to run D606's for added pinch flat resistance and durability.

Hodakaguy

I love a trials rear tire. I have been running the X-11 for 2 years and it out performs my buddies running knobbies under most all conditions. I run 2 rim locks and UHD tubes. No flats in 2 years. For the front I use the MX-71. It is more durable than the MX-51 front in rocks.

If you want to stick with knobbies the MX-51 rear with a MX-71 front is great.

I've run the Kendall Trakmaster II and loved them. They are both DOT and very inexpensive relatively speaking.