Sign in to follow this  

Aftermarket KLX/DRZ110 engines.

Hey guys my transmission and engine on my drz110 are completely done for. I was wondering which engine you guys would recommend putting in my bike. I'm looking to spend around $500 dollars for an engine. Any suggestions will help! Thanks!

Well .., it's hard know what is really wrong with your bike , cause we are not there to look at it ...

First I have to ask .. Did you recently bend the shifter lever pretty good .., or wreck pretty hard and pile the shift lever into the ground and then it wouldn't shift ?

In any case ...., I would say to first take a look at the shifter star which is mounted onto the shifter drum that is located under the clutch basket ... If that has all the pins still on there to work properly .., then check the out put shaft for brake age ..

Ok thanks. I haven't wrecked it but the previous owner has. I can't seem to get the clutch off to get to the shift star and there are bolts missing inside of the transmission. The people I bought it from were running a weird type of oil that had the consistency of cooking oil. I guess that's what I get for buying the bike for $100.

Have any of you heard of an adapter to mount a crf50 style engine into a klx/drz 110 frame? I heard rumors that pitster pro made a part but you have to call them and ask. I'll try that and let you guys know. Thanks!

Sam