Sign in to follow this  

Alabama North Alabama riders?

Looking for some fellow riders in North Alabama to ride with and some good places.

I'm interested as well. Looks like I'm moving to Huntsville this summer! Don't know the area very well but lots of spots showing up in the Where to Ride section. Alabama clay!

Hey guys check jmrpowersports.com it'll give you more information about riding spots/racing in Alabama. Im from Decatur(near Huntsville) but ive live in Auburn now. There are alot of nice tracks close to north Al and ill be happy to show yall around to some tracks.:smirk:

I'm in as soon as hunting season ends! I'm in Vinemont, Al and just recently got back into riding dirt. I've done a couple of rides at Stony Lonesome(Bremen, Al) that were pretty good. The guys at the local Honda shop(The Sport Center in Cullman ,AL)ride the Flint Creek trails in Bankhead National Forest very regularly. I've been invited a couple of times but wanted a little more seat time before I head out with them. I ride a Crf 450x and my riding buddy has a Crf250x. I also have access to a friend's hunting club, but only in deer and turkey off season. I haven't ridden track in 15 years so all I could possibly do is embarrass myself, but I'll ride any trail!

Just across the state line in Cedartown GA is Highland Park Off Road Resort. I highly recommend it to anyone. Tracks, trails, and a KTM dealership (I ride red myself) Do a google search, awesome place.

north alabama trail riders association leases 5000 acres in westpoint, tn.

there's probably 200 miles of singletrack. national enduros, harescrables, etc..

$50 a year to join. stupid cheap if you ride woods.

I am also looking for some casual riders for some trail riding. I live in Madison and have a nearly unused XR650R and TRX250EX and just need to find a place to ride them.

Here is a GREAT spot..... everything you could ever want trails, tracks , mud , creeks, rocks boulders etc.. great for atv s bikes side by sides, mx tracks, sx tracks ,,TRIALS sections, singletrack etc.. camping , cabins and nice hotel rooms in clubhouse.. AWESOME..in Springville, AL (30min northeast of Bham...)

http://www.ridgeriding.com/home_page.htm

See you there. Chad

• Like 1

I sold my KDX200 this morning and going to buy an old XR350 this saturday. I live in Huntsville and mainly ride at Flint Creek in the Bankhead Forest. Sometimes I go to Stony Lonesome in Bremen. There is a new place just opened in July 12. Hollytree Offroad. I haven't been there yet. To get to Flint Creek, from Hartselle take Hwy 36 to Danville, then take Hwy 41 south. Cross Hwy 157, go about 4 miles and look for Forest Road 249 on the right (gravel road). Go 4.5 miles down FR249 and you'll find the parking area on the right. Stony Lonesome and Hollytree have their own websites. stonylonesomeohv.us and hollytreeoffroad.com

Edited by Keevster

I'm located in Gadsden and there is less than anything interesting to ride around here. Just got my first bike 2002 YZ250F and i've just been poking around on back roads up close to leeseburge. Been up to Cherokee Rock Village once but even the JFK trail isnt suitible for riding. Would love to learn more and really open it up on some track. I looked at the http://www.ridgeriding.com/ as that is about 25 minutes away from me.

Any other suggestions?

I'm located in Gadsden and there is less than anything interesting to ride around here. Just got my first bike 2002 YZ250F and i've just been poking around on back roads up close to leeseburge. Been up to Cherokee Rock Village once but even the JFK trail isnt suitible for riding. Would love to learn more and really open it up on some track. I looked at the http://www.ridgeriding.com/ as that is about 25 minutes away from me.

Any other suggestions?

Im in leesburg to. I went up to highland park in cedar town its pretty cool. War eagle mx is good but far away. Im prob going to go check out sand mountain mx or calhoun supercross this weekend. Your welcome to join just shoot me a pm.

Didn't know sand mountain had anything like that. I'm in north Gadsden about 15 mins away from leeseburg tho. I don't have any equipment other than a helmet so I'm extremely Ill equipped to ride anywhere remotely outside of a rookie's experience. If not for that I'd consider it. That and $ is low so that would be the next hurdle. Thanks for the invite tho. Maybe another time down the road.

I feel ya. Im slowly peicing together gear and stuff again (I havent had a bike in a few years). Most places around here are beginer friendly. I had some kids on 85s smoking me at war eagle mx last weekend.

I have to agree with ihatefalling, Westpoint is a great place to ride. It's $50 a year and worth every penny. http://natra.dirtrider.net/

I used to ride Skyline with the NATRA guys. Paul Traufler, Gordon, the Erics, and a handful of other guys used to meet in Huntsville and make the trek to Carter Mt. near Winchester. Skyline is epic riding. I just can't make that 3 hour trip these days. They were a great group of people to hang out with.

I might join just so i can ride their Westpoint property.

What's Stony Lonesome like? I've ridden past it a few times, but haven't checked it out.