Sign in to follow this  

Cr125 Big Bore recommendations?

So I'm in the market for a cr125. I get a lot of crap for this because Im 24 and guys think it's ridiculous that Im not going for at least a 250f or a 250 smoker. I havent been on a bike in about 6 years (rode for a couple years in high school). I'm mostly just curious to take a used 125 and see what I can turn it into. I first off want to dig straight into the engine and do a big bore kit. Ive researched the Eric Gorr kits (134/144). I've also seen some guys talking about 155 and 167 kits as well. I wanna punch out as much power out of a 125 as possible with one of these kits WITHOUT turning it into a ticking time bomb. This is just gonna be all in good fun for me as I want to turn riding back into a hobby for myself as well as toying with one of these used 125's. Thank you guys!

So I'm in the market for a cr125. I get a lot of crap for this because Im 24 and guys think it's ridiculous that Im not going for at least a 250f or a 250 smoker. I havent been on a bike in about 6 years (rode for a couple years in high school). I'm mostly just curious to take a used 125 and see what I can turn it into. I first off want to dig straight into the engine and do a big bore kit. Ive researched the Eric Gorr kits (134/144). I've also seen some guys talking about 155 and 167 kits as well. I wanna punch out as much power out of a 125 as possible with one of these kits WITHOUT turning it into a ticking time bomb. This is just gonna be all in good fun for me as I want to turn riding back into a hobby for myself as well as toying with one of these used 125's. Thank you guys!

EG did my 08 YZ144 and it works great and is a BLAST to ride.

The bike I MAY end up getting is an 03 cr125. Ive been told that the kits from Eric Gorr are only available up to a 134 for those years. Ive heard of guys getting 144, 151, and 167 kits for cr's in the past. If I could pull off a 144 or a 151, that would be ideal.

02-03 is a 134 only bike.

if you want a 144-151 then you need the later 05-07 bikes for sure or earlier ones

134, ported, head mods if you don't mind running race gas, pipe, '05+ intake boot (if you're getting an '03), and some holes in the airbox. These are the best mods for the buck and will make the cr125 rip after properly re-jetting with a fresh top end. Good luck.

• Like 1

134, ported, head mods if you don't mind running race gas, pipe, '05+ intake boot (if you're getting an '03), and some holes in the airbox. These are the best mods for the buck and will make the cr125 rip after properly re-jetting with a fresh top end. Good luck.

I'd prefer to run pump gas since I know absolutely nothing about running race fuel. But, I'll keep that all in mind for sure. Thank you!