Sign in to follow this  

Dr Mark your opinion please?

Posted this a few weeks ago but never got a reply

I'm a 23 year old active male (train 6 days a week) and the break is in my dominant side, X-ray is from 6 weeks after the accident.

Photo%2009-12-2011%2013%2009%2022.jpg

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to everyone reading.

Its healing. Unless you have alot of pain, I wouldn't rush to fix this one.

Thanks you for your time Dr Mark.

It's been 15 days since that x-ray - I still haven't got full ROM (can't swim crawl yet) and I'm taking 300mg+ a day of tramadol to be able to work due to lower back and scapula pain from trying to sit upright. I can feel my scapula winging when I'm sat down in a hard backed chair.

The consultants I've seen have told me it will heal in time, while my clavicle feels to be healing the other effects haven't got any better - am I being inpatient?

You going to have a nasty lump when it is healed! My collarbone healed just like yours and now I have a nice lump to go with it.

Once it helped (6 weeks) I have been good to go and have never had any problems other than the lump.

I let one collarbone heal natural and the other I had plated, in my personal experience, having it plated was way faster to me getting on the bike.

Have a great holiday season!

Had another x-ray today

43d0d82

Has anyone had a break similar? It's been almost 3 months and I still haven't got full ROM back, have a winging scapula and am taking around 300mg of tramadol a day just to get on with my life. My doctor keeps telling me to give it time but it doesn't seem to be improving. Surely the problems are caused by my clavicle no longer supporting my shoulder properly?