Sign in to follow this  

kinda OT...panama

so im thinking of moving my selfdown to panama. obviously the videos only show the good. so i want to know the bad. dose anyone have a summer home their orhas visited their who can answer a few questions.

is it all what its really made out to be or is it to good to be true. is it clean? aka:the country sides, liek any big city, i expect panama city to have its filth, but the city dose not intrest me at all. any info from anyone who has actully been their...or lives their would be awesome!

should i even ask about dirtbiking? :bonk: iv seena few videos and it seems that enduro is starting to become big their.

im pretty sure you cannot beat BC as fare as beauty and cleanness gose. i do not think there is a better place in canada. the USA dosent intrest me at all. costof living would be just as brutal as up here in canada land.

the weather isnt what its made out to be. but i will agree, panama probebly has better weather(thats a big part of what has me thinking about panama.) its sup[osto be constant out there. 25*C all year long without it changng. sing me up.

I suggest you take a look at the politcal situation and basic services. Riding is not as much fun when you have guys after you. You have laws that are more or less followed in CDN. In most 3rd world countries, justice is simply a matter of how much money you have.

basic services are very abundent by the looks of it, and the health care is suposto be world class. both private and public.

the political situation is rather stable. and has been for a wile. but, im not about to turn a blined eye and think it cant change over night. but at the same time i dont think it would seeing as about 80% of the revinue comes from the tourist sector and the rest comes from the canal.

justice is exaclly that there by the looks. most cops can be bought out. but from what i read they dont just pull people over and make them pay there way out, you actully have to be cought doing somthing.

i have read up on it as much as posible. i would just like some first hand experences from travlers and hopfully someone who has lived/dose live there.

this is what i was dreding. it being moved to internationle....3 posts in the hole forum..i dought this is going to be answerd in here.

this is what i was dreding. it being moved to internationle....3 posts in the hole forum..i dought this is going to be answerd in here.

Yeah, I didn't even know there was an international section til you posted this thread! :bonk:

the weather in panama, rainy and extremely hot part of the year and unbearably hot the other time of the year. a lot of corruption, drugs, and crime. my ex is from there and now that she is gone, i am so better off. look into costa rica if you want to live in central america.

in the same boat as you!!! i shall now call this a lost couse..and maybe look at in in a week.

the weather in panama, rainy and extremely hot part of the year and unbearably hot the other time of the year. a lot of corruption, drugs, and crime. my ex is from there and now that she is gone, i am so better off. look into costa rica if you want to live in central america.

what part of panama? because i have hured that the pecific north side of panama is rather nice weather.

I suggest you take a look at the politcal situation and basic services. Riding is not as much fun when you have guys after you. You have laws that are more or less followed in CDN. In most 3rd world countries, justice is simply a matter of how much money you have.

she is from panama city. there are some nice tourist spots, but you want to be a resident. totally different culture, be prepared not naive. do you speak fluid spanish?

pretty choppy spanish. but i learn pretty fast.

im not at all intrested in being around panama city what so ever.

im looking more north like david or even closer to costa rica.

costa rica is nice but the crime is suposidly high.

not quite. but i have spent my fair shair of time on farms being from alberta.

i lived in the city as a kid but spent alot of time out on farms. then i moved to the west cost to a small town. never want to go back living in the city. and need to be a good distance away from any city...i like my air clean and to be away from city life. im not looking to start any sort of shop there, so i have no need to be by the big city bussle.

My advise is don't buy, rent. Friend of mine had dirtbags occupy his house while he was gone. long story short he basically walked away from it - alive.

if i buy the house will be occupide all the time by me, or a familly member. it will never sit empty. im also going to be buying one on/in a comunity with security.

if i buy the house will be occupide all the time by me, or a familly member. it will never sit empty. im also going to be buying one on/in a comunity with security.

So, when are we going? Vamos a braaap!

I've got some property about a 3 hour drive north of Panama and a buddy with beachfront property in N Panama......

2 more years slaving up here and I'm gone.