Sign in to follow this  

i just bought a 2011 450. have some questions?

i rode for the first time today. I love the power. coming of a 07kx250F this bike is very nice. Now for the question. when i kick the bike the seems to be a to have a funny noise coming from the back of the motor. only happens when you kick it. and sometimes when you shut the bike off. the dealer i bought it from had another 2011 that had a kick starter gear break. Is this a problem with that year. it sounds like a bad bearing noise. other than that this bike is really amazing!!!

hi was just curious if there was any resolution to your noise as i have a bike doing the same thing, doesn't always make the noise but about 50/50 on shut off you hear this noise of something still spinning/grinding

thanks

I also have a 2011, I have noticed the noise also it last for a second or two, when you shut it off and sometimes when I kick the bike and it primes on the 1st kick there is like a delayed gear rolling sound. My bike starts 2nd kick everytime so I don't think its a valve issue.

Cincoboy, you have an 2011 and have always been help. Any indication what this might be.

Thanks in advance,

Edited by stripedbass