Sign in to follow this  

2000 kx 250

Just got a kx 250 for $525 has a new chain and sprockets, the guy I bought it from said he put a new top end rebuild on it and now it wont start, he said it has compression and fire guess that just leaves out see if it has gas. I hope it is something simple to fix. I get it tomorrow then I will go to work on it and I will post some pics..

look to see if he put the piston in backwards...lol you never know cause i've seen it done..lol anyways, even if you have to tear it back down, thats a great price for a 2000 model.:bonk:

look to see if he put the piston in backwards...lol you never know cause i've seen it done..lol anyways, even if you have to tear it back down, thats a great price for a 2000 model.:bonk:

It was a couple of young adults working on it I hope its a pinched fuel line or a wire not hooked back up or like you said a piston in backwards...

Either not getting fuel or it could be the piston in backwards lol trust me I did it once myself and felt like a dumb *** lol.. Also check spark if you dont have spark check your ground wires.. Also did you check compression or did he and your taking his word on it? Be careful on taking others words I just bought a drz 125L to build up and it ran great got it home and took a closer look at it the guy lied a lot.. But check compression with a compression tester, then check spark, then pull carb and clean it really well, also make sure fuel flows freely from the petcock and out the fuel line, then if all that is in order and it still wont run pull the top end and check the piston.. Just my advice on what I would do, good luck (:

a nice bike of that year with all them supposedly new parts should go for atleast $1000. $525 would be red flags to me

the guy I bought it from said he put a new top end rebuild on it and now it wont start

I bought 1989 CR250 from a guy who said he rebuilt it and wouldnt start. He also claimed that he was about to start going to school as an airplane mechanic... Lets just say im never flying in anything that guy worked on lol:smirk:

Thanks for the advice guys, and yea im sure there is more wrong than meets the eye buy then again maybe not I have a project either way...

look through the exhaust port,if you see the window in the piston while turning it over then its backwards and dont try starting it,if not then proceed to diagnosis.