Sign in to follow this  

My 310, Help me make it better.

2012 TE310. I have 600 miles on it, I dont like the FI and its on/off feeling at low tight technical speeds and its toggle switch feeling. Is there an adjustment or something i can get to smoothen out this.

Also what have you added to increase its punch at mid to top end. Im looking for more punch!

I don't own a 310 but have heard wonders regarding the JD Tuner. Allows you to fine tune the FI and eliminate the EPA induced leanness.

I may need to try this, Trying to feather the throttle in trials like conditions is like having a notchy throttle.

Has anyone tried the JD and whats your thought on it.

Aso has any pipe made a differience with power, What have you tried that works.

Thanks again.

I just got thru break in on my 310, and my buddy's 250 just got there also. We just tonight adjusted the TPS and adjusted the CO #s in ibeat, it fixed the majority of the light switch throttle issues and the flash out issue also.

There is one kit that is working well for what you are going thru. It it $2000 and includes a new injector, computer and full exhaust. Buy from husky and if you go to cafe husky forum and look into the efi section under 12 hole injector. This will convert your TE to a TXC. Hard to suck this up after the price of a new bike.

Edited by weantright

the 250 and 310 x-lite powered huskys can be a bit glitchy at low engine speeds for some.this running condition is a little hit and miss.there are a few things that you can do that should help.buy a G2 throttle cam,these bikes have a light flywheel for a trail bike and the throttle ratio changes can help.these run around $100.or you could try to get some assistance from your dealer ,they may be able to offer some tuning and or advice.as mentioned, a jd fi tuner has been well liked by many and may not be a bad $200 investment.it gives you the opportunity for hands on tuning.in my oppinion injected 250 and 310 bikes that have the old engine will also benefit from the jd tuner.the old motored 310 was a finicky son of a gun,all these bikes should have the jd tuner.lastly Husky offers a kit that runs around $300 for a new ECU and a different fuel injector nozzle with more holes for better throttle response and some say noticable power gains.the customers have ususally been happy with its results.street legal machines require the manufacture to make compromises.at least Husky offers these machines to the public so you dont have to find some old plated XR 600 .dan

Thanks guys, my dealer has went out of his way to help us with the issue, especially since we are 4 hrs and a state away. Tuned the issues out of both my 310, and the. 250( which now has the 12 port and ECU) and both of us are really happy with them. Every performance engine I have had with EFI has been finicky but in the end with an air fuel gauge, EFI software and some patience they are better than any carb I have ever had.

Thanks guys, my dealer has went out of his way to help us with the issue, especially since we are 4 hrs and a state away. Tuned the issues out of both my 310, and the. 250( which now has the 12 port and ECU) and both of us are really happy with them. Every performance engine I have had with EFI has been finicky but in the end with an air fuel gauge, EFI software and some patience they are better than any carb I have ever had.

This is good news Darren! Hopefully Donovan feels the same, thanks for working through the break-in jitters some of these are more stubborn then others but they all have great potential :bonk:

I highly doubt the G2 throttle will do anything for these issues. It will however lighten your wallet. To fix these issues buy an efi controller but from what others have tried, will not be spot on at low end. New injector is said to fix low end and give better ride-ability. Injector and ecu will still need adjusting because this kit if for the race exhaust. Either way husky should be offering a better running bike from the box.

This is good news Darren! Hopefully Donovan feels the same, thanks for working through the break-in jitters some of these are more stubborn then others but they all have great potential :bonk:

He seemed pleased with the results, was already changing tires to his preference so he could hit the trails and beat on it a little. Hopefully he will chime in on the other site.

The odometer on my '11 TE310 finally broke 200 miles today. The bike is definitely less finicky now at low speeds. For the first time ever, I was able to power the bike up the ramp into the truck without stalling it. Before it would always stall at least twice.

I am running the JD tuner (stock JD settings) and it definitely helps, but I've had it on for 100 miles and the bike is definitely more settled in and cooperative now.

A big O thank you. Im looking into all these tips. Catang5oh wheres that adjustment and any how to on this would be great to see.

Hope all had a merry Christmas.

Johnny, I used the Husky Ibeat software and adjusted the TPS setting and the CO #s.

There are several threads on Cafe Husky that explain it pretty well.