Sign in to follow this  

96 kx bottom end tear down

well, i've been busy cleaning and inspecting my transmission. i have more to replace than i was hoping to. one of the clutch basket bearing outer race is wore almost to the needle bearings. the shifter fork, the one that rides on the shift star, is grooved and last but not least, the clutch arm has bearing grooves wore into it and their deep. ill have pics shortly.

heres most of the trans blown apart, along with the power valve assembly

DSC00707.jpg

heres the worn parts. some picks might be hard to see. my digital camera wouldn't focus very well.

DSC00726.jpg

DSC00718.jpg

DSC00715.jpg

Its like a money pit once you open up the bottom end of a bike theres always more than what you think that needs to be replaced lol.. Good luck hopefully you get it back together easy and have no problems(:

thanks. working on these bikes is not a problem for me. ive been doing it for years now. i swamped it, so i knew all the main bearings needed to be replaced. i just wasnt expecting to find the other parts so worn. oh well, it is what it is. should run and shift like a champ when im done.:bonk: and since im building it into a 300cc woods bike, i need all the new parts for it to be reliable.