Sign in to follow this  

sound of the bike

That's funny because we're about to do my top end, new o-rings on pipe, silencer packing, boyesen dual stage power reeds, literally everything this guy has on his...Only difference being he has FMF expansion chamber and I have pro circuit w/ stock silencer. I hope mine sounds anything close to that!!

Gotta love that " CRISP " sound of a 250 2t ... nothing better :bonk:

I could listen to that bike all day :smirk:

I have a 96 KX250 with shorty and FMF fatty etc ... sounds pretty close to this guys bike ... cant wait to get rippin again :banana:

Forgot to mention i think the area this guy is riding in also helps carry the sweet 2t sound ... all the woods / trees for the sound to bounce off etc ... sounds killer !

Yes I noticed one time he hits and it just rips and echoes really really well. Gotta love that crisp and the tingy popping...What makes the bike have that tingy crackly popping noise? I noticed my bike doesn't do this...Needs a top end, piston, and reeds it's about to get this week though. Thought some of those may have something to do with it!

Nice!

The Gnarly pipe makes a more solid sound,the walls are thicker.It also helps to have a newly packed silencer.

I love it on my YZ.

Yes I noticed one time he hits and it just rips and echoes really really well. Gotta love that crisp and the tingy popping...What makes the bike have that tingy crackly popping noise? I noticed my bike doesn't do this...Needs a top end, piston, and reeds it's about to get this week though. Thought some of those may have something to do with it!

Man i also notice the " tingy crakly popping " ... would love to find out why too? my 96 sounds good but not that " tingy popping " ... why ?

Sounds like a nicely tuned crisp 2 stroke in its prime! Sounds exactly like my dads '00 KX250 with a fresh top end, fresh oil change, and an FMF Fatty pipe and FMF Power Core 2 silencer and jetted carb.

Better smoking than none at all

If anyone can identify what makes that tingy popping crackle sound and what makes the difference in why some bikes have it and some don't that would be great. I have a feeling my bike will be sounding that way at the end of the week, but we'll see...There was an entire thread about this, but no one could ever figure out what sound we were talking about. It ended up being turned into the whurring noise the CR's make.

Seriously, I would think carburator adjustment being right on and a good set of reeds. I'm not very knowledgable about modern two strokes but strong reeds are needed to open and close a good seal for the intake. I'll bet that sound starts from the intake side! Just a guess though.