Sign in to follow this  

YZF Muffler Compatibility

Im restoring a 2001 Yzf 250 and at the moment it has a dented white bros can on it with a stock header and the diameter of the muffler is about 2mm to large for the stock header, So Im wondering if the newe mufflers from the 2008 or 09's with the conical tip on it, I love the look of the extended cone tip.Now i ran across a photo of an 01 with this pipe and am looking for some insight before I order it on ebay.

You can make anything you want fit with a hacksaw and a torch!:bonk:

But seriously, the only thing that will "bolt-on" would be from an '01 or '02 YZ/WR250F. Can't say for sure how close the '03-'05 YZ would be to fitting, but they might work.

The exhaust from the '06+ aluminum frame bikes have the mounting holes in the wrong spots to fit your bike.

Im pretty sure the 03 to to 05 wil bolt up from measurements of the mounts, too bad about the 06 up, the pic looked really good with that pipe, I might just clip off the downpipe from the can and tig on my white bros down pipe

If you have a stock Yam head pipe, then you should be able to fit any of the OEM mufflers from 01-05. Yeah, they spec a different muffler, but it will fit. The aftermarket mufflers were larger diameter than the OEM.

If you like the look of the conical ends, see if you can find an OEM muffler from a Canadian YZ250F. The US models had the snorkel endcap whereas the CA were tapered cone ends. Hmmm... Thinking here, I had an 03 Canuck YZ250F, I could see if the current owner would want to sell the muffler.