Sign in to follow this  

'98 & '03 Fork Tube Compatability

I just picked up an '03 CR250R that has a bent tube (maybe both, I just started rebuilding the first one, leaky seals). I can pirate a set of forks from a '98 CR250R but it will be a few days before I can get them and look into it. Do you think the tubes will work? I'd like to use the newer internals. I know the same front tire will fit both models.

My CR250 project has kinda turned into a saga of sorts but I'm still way ahead overall on the bike. Too bad I won't be able to ride it this next week while I'm off. :bonk:

I'd reccomend getting some new tubes as opposed with going used, the new lowers arn't that expensive, and you'll have peace of mind, and less seal issues. Might want to put in new bushings, too. I had an 04 cr500af which had the 02 chassis, and I had upgraded to the 06 lower so they all could use the same brake, but unfortunately just last month gave the 02 lowers to a friend. There is a thread showing the changes to cr's over the years, not sure if they include suspension changes.. you don't want to gerry rig your front end

Thanks, Service Honda is the same as MR Cycles. Too bad you don't have the '02 forks anymore.

Looks like only the right side is bent. I'll check the left with a straight edge later.