Sign in to follow this  

This guys is trying to sell this 2-stroke as a 4-stroke

It is sad. This evening I read an ad on the Raleigh Craigslist and some guy was trying to pass off a YZ250F four-stroke as a "YZ250".

I am just curious if he really thinks it's a 250f... I mean unless you have someone completely brand new to bikes I don't know how he thinks he will pull that off. The biggest give away is obviously the pipe and if no one can look at it and tell it isn't a 4-stroke then it will be really obvious when they hear it lol.

I feel like these people must be selling stolen bikes and hav no clue what they r selling. Either that or they r stupid orrrr they r idiots from forms who create these adds as a joke to post in threads to be cool saying look what i found today lol. Not saying u do that Fenderlove01!!

Don't worry we have people here selling 2004 rmz450f's which when you see the bike are 250f's but it is a Kawasaki with yellow plastics. And then they say the pipe is a racing pipe with a racing carb. People in Miami are the worst, they are all goons since there are no close tracks. They all ride the streets racing all the banshee's we have down here.

I feel like these people must be selling stolen bikes and hav no clue what they r selling. Either that or they r stupid orrrr they r idiots from forms who create these adds as a joke to post in threads to be cool saying look what i found today lol. Not saying u do that Fenderlove01!!

ha no I did not, I am looking for a 250f possibly. Not just a yz but either that, a kx, or ktm. Plus I don't own a yamaha :bonk:.

Yeah now that I think about it, it being stolen makes a lot of sense.

Anyone think he may be looking a getting a 250f or had them on his mind and mistyped an f in there?

It is sad. This evening I read an ad on the Raleigh Craigslist and some guy was trying to pass off a YZ250F four-stroke as a "YZ250".

how about the guy selling the 05 yz250 on raleighs craigslist and claims to be the original owner...the yz is a steel framed bike errrrrrr:foul:

how about the guy on greensboros craigslist selling the cr250 and i asked if he had the certificate of origin and he said no that they were a big joke and dont mean nothing for a dirtbike:banghead:

He might just not know that it is only a yz250 and overheard people say YZ250f and figured that is what you call it. I dont see where he is referring to it as a fourstroke?

I search KSLclassifieds.com for used bikes as a hobby, they will have between 1200 and 2000 bikes there all the time, you will find people with either really poor knowledge of the bike that are selling, poor grammar , or just misleading people. The most regular offense is people bumping the year of their bike a few years to ask more for it, but some will bump it as much as 10 years on old bikes.

There is a KX500 on there right now that is a 93 he has listed as a 96, when asked if he has a title he says yes, year 96,, I then said then, "why does it have a green tank and 93 forks?" He says it was rebuilt in 96 using 96 parts,and the title he needed to look at it?

he also does not say in the ad that third gear is missing? but will when you push on condition.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=18548402&cat=236&lpid=&search=kx500

1996 kx 500 two stroke

Hooper, UT 84315 | Dec 18, 2011

Add to Favorites »

I want to trade my kx 500 for a smaller bike like a 125 or 150 or 250 + about $50. The bike runs good just too powerful for me. call or txt please

(and no this is not a made up ad, that is why I include links)

A buddy of mine was gassing up his truck and some red-neck asked if his bike was a CR or a YZ! It was a KTM! :bonk::bonk:Some people should not breed!!!:smirk::bonk:

how about the guy selling the 05 yz250 on raleighs craigslist and claims to be the original owner...the yz is a steel framed bike errrrrrr:foul:

how about the guy on greensboros craigslist selling the cr250 and i asked if he had the certificate of origin and he said no that they were a big joke and dont mean nothing for a dirtbike:banghead:

bluedawg,

Yes, I saw that guy trying to pass off a steel framed YZ250 as being a 2005 model. :bonk:

Memorizing a total of 5 colors and 5 names doesn't make you a genius. :bonk:

Who said anyone was a genius? And that is kind of the point, how do you mix up kawasaki and yz when there are really only five names to remember lol.

for the others whom are trying to beatup this poor guy for just wanting to make a sale. not all of are mental giants people. go easy once in awhile (honest mistake)maybe hes selling for a friend, maybe he really doesnt know anything about bikes! doesnt really matter what he claims, most of us know the diff. OR....it was a typo! the point is who really.......

for the others whom are trying to beatup this poor guy for just wanting to make a sale. not all of are mental giants people. go easy once in awhile (honest mistake)maybe hes selling for a friend, maybe he really doesnt know anything about bikes! doesnt really matter what he claims, most of us know the diff. OR....it was a typo! the point is who really.......

I agree on the 250 sale, it does not look to me he actually says it is a fourstroke,

On the link I posted however, I feel the guy is trying to make people believe the kx500 is newer than it is and in better condition than it is , that is until he is pressed for answers.