Some issues since rejet...

Been running into some problems since the rejet. Only happens at normal operating temperature. I'm here in Colorado Springs.

Also, I never got around to removing the baffle but Eddie gave me the jetting info based off of the baffle being removed. Will this affect things?

-Will die at idle. Once it gets hot it will run for 3-4 minutes then shut off. It fires right back up though. It will stay running just fine with the choke on.

-There is a slight slight skip at idle. It doesn't purr but it doesn't sound that bad either. I've never had my hands on a good one so I don't know if that's normal. I'm a mechanic and I feel it's something I could pick up but not a lot of others.

-At idle, I have to ease into the throttle to rev it. Giving it a good blip or yank will bog it out.

-As soon as I put it in gear and let the clutch out it bogs out. I can ease the clutch out very slowly and it will go on it's own accord.

-I have to ease it into the RPMs. As soon as I try to give it a good blip it bogs.

-Once it gets going, it will stumble at lower rpms and then pull hard at higher rpms.

-I came across some ice on the road and pulled the clutch in and it died as I started to slow down.

-Shifting into a higher gear, it will continue to be a dog until higher rpms

I shut the fuel off and brought it home, figuring this was above my head.

Any help would be appreciated.

those jetting specs sound about right for ~6000 feet and eddie sure knows what hes talking about.... I would make sure you have all the vacuum hoses hooked up.

-check the vacuum hose to your fuel petcock

-make sure there are no clogged jets (this can happen easily in the winter!)

those jetting specs sound about right for ~6000 feet and eddie sure knows what hes talking about.... I would make sure you have all the vacuum hoses hooked up.

-check the vacuum hose to your fuel petcock

-make sure there are no clogged jets (this can happen easily in the winter!)

I just replaced the jets and cleaned the carb. This has all happened with in the past two days and the bike has only been warmed up and rode/bogged less than an 1/8 mile. I simply pulled the pilot and blew it out as it required the stocker. Was this possibly not enough?

There is no petcock vacuum hose provision.

i would pay attention to the pilot jet / circuit

inspect the accel pump squirt

Where/how can I check the accelerator pump squirt?

So what is your altitude?

What exhaust ?

Is it an E with a stock Keihin carb? The jetting you posted is for a mikuni carb

Is air box snorkel removed or 3x3 mod been done?

hey Craig,

2002 Suzuki DRZ400S

6,800 - 9,000 above sea level, 50-80 degrees F, 50% humidity Slow trail riding

3x3 airbox mod, baffle removed from exhaust, everything else is unmodified

that's his bike :bonk:

So what is your altitude?

What exhaust ?

Is it an E with a stock Keihin carb? The jetting you posted is for a mikuni carb

Is air box snorkel removed or 3x3 mod been done?

Altitude is approximately 6,000 feet above sea level. Riding will take place anywhere from 6k-9k.

Stock exhaust, gonna open it up soon and clear a bit out. When I asked Eddie for jet info I told him stock with the baffles removed.

It is a Mikuni carb.

3x3 has been done.

I think I'm going to bring it in the living room and pull the carb again and double check the pilot. It's damn cold outside. I'm envious of your warm Aussie weather and Hilux availability.

I would replace the pilot jet....

Your jetting should be ok ....

You bought the JD jet Kit for mikuni carb...Was it JD005?

When you get it running , try partly covering you airbox , say 1/3...

If it runs better your bike is lean and may need to go to a richer needle setting..

Follow this procedure to check your pilot circuit...https://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=327405