Sign in to follow this  

Which trials tire

OK I've heard all the hype and I'm on the fence on if the tire will work for me or not.

I'm thinking about trying one for next years snow shoe race. Since I never try anything new during a race I'm wanting to try one now.

Which one and what if any mods does the wheel need?

18" KTM 300

Personally I don't recommend any trials tire for racing. Only a few people do. I feel they are dangerous under those conditions. Play riding is another story.

You're talking Snowshoe GNCC? I agree, on anything fast you lose the +'s of trials tires, any of them would be terrible in a fast GNCC quad track racing. I run a mt43 almost all of the time but for riding fast it can't compare in cornering or braking.

Snow Shoe has too much mud to run a trials tire in IMO. I would run a trials tire at Mountain Ridge or Rock Run GNCC though. The Pirelli MT43 has a stiff enough sidewall that it doesn't roll over when going fast so you can corner hard on it. If you're riding in eastern Ohio there aren't going to be a lot of conditions you'd want to use a trials tire. Trials tires like hard pack so you'll have to wait till dries out some to test it, they rock in hardpack slick stuff.

Thanks guys, yes the GNCC. It looks so darn many roots and rocks at that race. But I certainly don't want to waste my time and money on one if it's not really for racing around here.

Try a GoldenTyre 216 rear instead.

Nice tire choice! Unfortunately, you cant get Goldentyre in the US. Im running a 216 rear right now, I was out for a ride earlier and the tire is amazing.

How do you know about Goldentyre?

You can get Golden Tyres at GP Moto here in Kamloops and the west coast distributor is in Kelowna. I am going to run them in Moab in April.

You can get Golden Tyres at GP Moto here in Kamloops and the west coast distributor is in Kelowna. I am going to run them in Moab in April.

I live in Moab, always looking for folks to ride with. You aren't the guy from BC on the Ktm 200 that comes here every April that I ran into on Slickrock last year are you? Anyway PM me if you want to ride!

Sorry for the hijack!

Edited by mylsmkj

I know about GP moto, Im one of his team riders! With that said, I probably know you also.