Sign in to follow this  

Keihin FCR carb fitment

Hi all, new to this site. I have recently upgraded my DRZ250 mikuni 33mm pumper carb to a 2001 CRF150R/RB Keihin 32mm FCR carb.

Great improvement to the overall power band, better throttle response, less vibration, more top end speed. fuel comsumption somewhere the same.

I considered it a direct bolt on. just need to machine a aluminium ring to extend the diameter and length of the carb airbox boot side only. the ring is to be tight fitted to the FCR carb end that is to be fitted to the airbox boot side.

You can also choose to have the hotstart option or not. I chose to have that in case I flood the engine. Once I have fitted the FCR, it look just like OEM, as if the carb is meant for the DRZ. very nice.

if any one is interested, i can post some pictures, instruction and the ring dimension. thanks.

Sounds very interesting :bonk:

I would love to see photos . Where did you buy the FCR and how much do they sell for if you don't mind me asking ?

Will you be selling the Mikuni you took off ?$?

I did basicly the same same swap with a drz 400. Great improvement but what a pain. Pics would be great!

I bought the fcr carb off ebay complete with throttle,hotstart cable and carb boot for US$330. it is a bit expensive. sadly crf150r/rb carb sell like hotcake if the price is low and it seem that quite alot of folks out there look out for this carb. but when I have fitted and rode it, it is all worth the penny.

Besides the exhuast system, a good carb system is the next must have and great improvement than any other mod to have for the DRZ250.

I try to take some pictures of mine, my jetting setup and also post the aluminim ring dimension. I am new to thumper talk so give me some time to figure out how to post pics here.

I live in asia so shipping to USA with my mikuni, think will not be cheap. maybe like US$45? I can sell it for US$150 cos i have just fully rebuilt the pumper carb with the TM33-8012 carb kit. but maybe it is more worth it to just purchase the TM33-8012 pumper carb.

In my opinion, it will be more worth it to purchase the CRF150 fcr carb than the mikuni. there is a almost like new crf150r fcr carb on ebay now, maybe you guys can check it out.

My personal finding on carb is also that bigger is not always better. that is why I chose the 32mm fcr instead of the FCR 37mm,39 or 40mm and above. beside more fuel comsumption jetting will also be more tedious. for my crf carb, i have just changed the PJ to a 42 and fine tune the fuel screw and done.

Photo bucket works well . I was hoping that you had found a cheap source for the small FCR on your side of the Ocean . But I guess not . I've wanted one of these carbs for about two years now and have not yet found one cheap enough for my budget .

Edited by BruceD_500

snug as a bug! If the cylinder was any taller that looks like it would of been a real pain! Nicely done! two VERY nice bikes!

snug as a bug! If the cylinder was any taller that looks like it would of been a real pain! Nicely done! two VERY nice bikes!

agreed! nice looking rides!:bonk: that dr with the yellow excels is sweet!