Sign in to follow this  

2 or 3 rail for my mustang?

you mean PULL with your Mustang??

Yeah is that even a good idea? lol I hate not being able to ride when the truck is gone. Do you think it could handle one bike though, maybe two?

and full sized bikes... around 230lbs

I pull a 5x8 utility trailer I bought fom Lowes with my Maxima 3.5L 6cyl. Doesnt really put a strain on the car but does reduce fuel miliage a bit. I think a 3 rail would be fine for you, but I like my utility trailer better. Definitely has more uses.

Any of the trailers from harbor freight might serve you well...209 -350. SOme treated plywood/or deck boards ...50, wheel chocks...15 x 3 =45, some tie down rings pair @ 3 x ?. Some Hardware ANd you have a light easy to pull trailer for under 500 bucks

image_2227.jpg

image_13132.jpg

image_16321.jpg

Txsandman hauled his bike all over with this Mazda 3 wagon

IMG_0041.jpg

A Mustang should have no issue towing a small utility trailer with a couple bikes on board.

Bang for the buck, you'd probably be better off shopping for a 4x8 utility trailer, specialty dirtbike trailers tend to draw top dollar.

Had this for a while and was perfectly fine. Toyota Venza now (needed more cargo space) but same trailer/bike

ACFB10B.jpg

Had this for a while and was perfectly fine. Toyota Venza now (needed more cargo space) but same trailer/bike

ACFB10B.jpg

Haha no offense but it looks like you took your coffee table and put wheels on it

Haha no offense but it looks like you took your coffee table and put wheels on it

I do enjoy a cup of dark roast when the bike is not on it. It's call maximum efficiency.

It works fine, and I actually got quite a few people telling me it's a pretty cool and a well finished job.

I have now a side bracket for the spare wheel and locating blocks' straps for the ramp (which give me more space in the trunk to bring my coffee maker :bonk:

My garage space is limited, so I couldn't go much bigger.

It's all about getting to the track my friend, not trying to put a show on the road or in the pits...