Sign in to follow this  

California Few pics from Rowher Flat today

Im still very much a newb to dirt biking, but so far i love it, i feel im lucky to have such a great riding spot less then 10 miles from my garage, and a great ride to get there too, that is the reason i sold my green sticker dirt bike and got a DS instead, its so close.

This place is called Rowher Flats in Santa Clarita, if you've never been here, its a great place, even if you are an hour away, its definately worth the drive, even on weekends there are maybe 10 cars in the staging areas, where Gorman is just crazy packed.

I try to sneak out every weekend for about an hour or two, when the wife goes to the market or shopping with the kids :smirk:

I snapped some pics today, just to show whats its like out there, i wanted to take more pics, but my memory card was full.

the entrance off sierra hwy.

xt47.jpg

xt48.jpg

The road to get into the OHV area.

xt49.jpg

This is the first staging area (1 of 3), and as you can see, even on a weekend day its still kinda empty.

xt50.jpg

what the trails look like.

xt51.jpg

xt52.jpg

xt53.jpg

xt55.jpg

xt56.jpg

This spot is usually full of water crossing thro it, but its dry up there now, hopefully with some rains, it will get back to flowing once again.

xt54.jpg

some real nice views too, i really enjoy the nature out there.

xt58.jpg

There was some snow out there today, so had to slow down, as big sections of fire road was covered with ice.

xt57.jpg

Basically a really nice place, some very challanging stuff, free to get in, if you like trail riding, this place is great.

just wanted to share some pics. :bonk:

Nice pics...!thanks for sharing

Yes! We are fortune to have Rowher so close to us.

Summer time even after work me and my boys get in a quick ride.

Good pics, thanks for taking the time....Never been there, trails look lots like a place where we ride here up north..

cool thanks for the pics. iv'e heard of it but never been. i usually drive 1.5 hours to baldy mesa but Rower Flats would only be about 45mins. Might have to go check it out this weekend instead. beautifull area.

A nice Christmas eve ride is always good to clear the cobwebs...

Hey Palmaer84one Nice Avatar looks like "deep creek" in big bear!

:bonk::thumbsup:

150ron that place sucks. It's full of tweaker and dirt bags. People need to stay clear of this place. Also the riding around Rower sucks.

I hope that works on keeping more people away so we have the place for ourself. :bonk:

Fun place to ride for sure! I was just up there friday but rode in through theh bouquet cyn side...it's got everything from easy fire roads to nasty rocky steep hills!!

not exactly free to ride though well except D/S...you are supposed to buy a $5 forest parking pass for your trucks...

Everytime I ride Rowher flats, even in the dead of summer, there's always some flooding of some sort. I haven't been in about 6 months though. Before the fire it es my favorite place.

What bike is that you are riding? I am out of the loop don't recognize it.

OK I see it...XT250. Cool...haven't seen one yet. I'm sure it's fun.

Edited by DontRoostMe
used interweb for research.