Sign in to follow this  

2010 Yz250f Top end

Hey guys,

Just tore down my top end to see how its going and to either replace rings or add new piston to it.

Has been raced 1 season this year, Bike has about 65 hours on it now.

What you think about these pics and thoughts on how its running and what you think i should do. The cylinder is still smick and i can see all the cross hatch marks clearly, didnt upload pic.

I was looking at getting the GYTR piston or wossner.

I run vortex 98 fuel with a lil bit of valve saver here and there, with a pro circuit muffler and twin air filter.

Photos are found in link.

http://www.users.on.net/~leaper/yz250f/

Hard to tell from the pics.

If you can, try to use photobucket or a similar photo hosting service to post pics.

The cam journals look okay. Piston rear looks normal. The inly one I saw that was disturbing was this one http://www.users.on.net/~leaper/yz250f/20111224_170547.jpg

The rings either look like there is something stuck to them, or the coating has flaked off. You didn't have any pics of the cylinder bore, so it's hard to draw a conclusion about what's up with that.

Did you pull the valves and inspect them?

What you see on the rings may be from me touching them and wiping the oil of em. I can get a cylinder pic tomoz when im back home. Havnt taken valves out or anything, I did leak test on the intake valves and they are sealing 100%

you should still disassemble the head and clean up the valves and replace the stem seals.i would also replace the timing chain.peace and wheelies.

hey man im in the same situation as you. im doing soon as it hits 70 hours. except i dont have a pro circut. im hoping to just do rings and piston. i dont know how to do any thing else so i guess ill just leave them

I will just take the head to the shop and get them to inspect valve block and replace what needs done. Not sure whether to replace piston with another OEM. I prob should since im doing another year of racing.